Goals and Taking a Leap of Faith

proadvisors

Guru
100+ Post Club
So guys what I need here is just a little friendly advice/insight from people who actually produce. If you don't produce much then feel free to comment or post your own goals. Maybe we can motivate each other.

Alright so I have a pretty darn good understanding of the business.
In 2007 I made $152,000 selling mostly VUL and VA.

I let my series 6 and 63 go though. I had some health issues for a year and a half. I'M only 31 but most was stress related.

Lately I have been selling over the phone with a very unique telemarketed leads system. The products are fully underwritten
with all your major carriers I have paramed take the app with them.

After a month of work I have $24,000 in pending premium.
A killer month if I can get even 1/2 issued.

The thing is cases aren't really sticking like I had hoped.

I think it was because I didn't stay in touch much during underwriting. I just kind of moved on to make another sale and waited for issue at which point I would provide good service etc since they are now a client.

Thank God one case I have which is 9,000 in premium on its own looks like it will place next week and he is paying annually. I have 2 split this case and will make about 6,000.

I am working a night job right now because I have a TON of pending business but NOT a ton of money. Its $17 an hour which isnt that great. I am doing Annual Enrollment for Medicare Advantage Plans no commission. So basically I buying time until cases issue so I can QUIT.

I want to walk away and do my own thing. I really want to go back to the financial plan type approach and use Indexed UL and or Term with FIA's on bank draft as a safer way to buy term invest the rest.

In all honestly I'd rather just sale the IUL since it pays much more. GO AHEAD AND CRUCIFY ME FOR SAYING THAT.

IUL in my opinion is also a excellent product if over funded.

I always try and do a low face and over fund then get some term for bigger death benefit, unless the client can just afford to overfund a large policy.

My goal here would be to find around $3,600 a week in annual target premium worth of business. In other words $300 a month of premium which should be to 1-3 IUL policies depending on size.

This would mean I would make around 8-10k a month in advances ONCE PLACED.
I want to focus on small business owners.

Any ideas to prospect systems used in past etc??

I have my own ideas but I am by no means a guru.

2ND I'd like to find 100,000 a month in FIA business.
Since there is a ton of scared money out there right now
I feel this is realistic BUT maybe my head is in the clouds.
I have never done 100k a month in annuities BUT I am a
hell of a sales person AND I know how to prospect/close/get referred leads and repeat.

This would pay around 8k a month. If I can do either one I'd be happy but with both
I would make around 16k a month.

My goal is to make $200,000 a year. The thing is walking away from this job will put me in a do or die situation. I only need about $4,000 a month to pay bills but right now I don't have any savings really. The other thing is it takes so damn long to get paid nowdays.

Just would like some input/ prospecting ideas for annuity business/ some experiences of others etc....

Last edited:
I get the impression people are afraid to move money. Someone mentioned they were in bonds with a decent return. I wouldn't trust Wall St, too much manipulation going on with super computers not to mention their reputation. But, there's always the risk takers and the greedy bunch who are willing to take a leap if you are convincing enough. Go to a 5 star restaurant and make a deal to put your cards in the lobby with an invitation for a free dinner with you to talk money. It's a win win deal for the restaurant and their customer.

In my very limited experience, if the why or reason is big enough, the how usually doesn't matter, after all, selling is a numbers game, since the more calls you make, literally the more you make in dollars, or any other currency for that matter, I for myself are an introverted and submissive person by the way I am raised, and I intend to change that little by little through experience and finding my "why"

I'm a bit stuck on money like you did, but really dude, if you can close 1 in 3, move to my country, we can make a damn good living together and FYI, my costs of living is at least $500 a month, and I'm considered middle class! I got 1 million people in my town only... and it's a small town to say the least.

You'll only going to need a $30 license to work in my country, test are easy as pie and processing will only take a month, people here are not very well educated, just because you're a foreigner they'll f'in believe everything you said, I'm serious, if you're interested, I can use your skills and we can make a damn good living together, I'll make all the arrangements, let me know and pm me.

You're talking about a leap of faith, try mine for a change
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
damn, I can't send pm yet, but I'll answer here since there aren't any secrets to risk

I'm in indonesia, what do you mean about people having money to move? with merely $2000 you can live in mid class living situation for 4 months, if you're willing to go the cheaper route, you can go for more than 6 months with that

I'm a captive agent with AIA Financial, no salary, commissions based only, we are very primitive if you should talk about insurance agency, no independent agencies are allowed, double agents are always terminated.

you can read my thread in the general discussions and may be laugh at it, no one has replied yet, but I'm thinking about building an agency with a salary base, and I could use your reply on the thread.

The highest cost would be airplane tickets, but I imagine that wouldn't be too much either

Last edited:
So how much in U.S. dollars are your top producers making?

By money to move I meant people who live there moving money into annuities etc?

Also what carriers sell insurance in your country?

I probably won't really seriously consider this but I am not closed minded either.
I have made six figures in the U.S. but to be honest I feel that we are
going in a bad direction as a country and global economic leader.

Last edited:
All we did was give away the middle class's standard of living by shipping manufacturing out of the country. To sell annuities you need to hobnob with the rich. Buy a late model import luxury car (that's what they drive), an expensive golfing outfit and join a country club. You can even play golf or just hang in the lounge.

I drive a super cool sports car. You think that will work as well? =)

The problem is the middle class are the driving force of the country in a lot of ways.
We are also rewarding the rich for outsourcing and basing their business outside the
U.S. due to taxes. But anyways...

About the car
Dodge Challenger RT with 375 HP 5.7L Hemi also has cold air intake. It's orange with black racing stripes. I don't like luxury cars (BORING)

challenger.jpg

now I need a expensive golf outfit, but I'm bad @ golf.

Is that your car by the way looks cool!

Last edited:
I drive a super cool sports car. You think that will work as well? =)

The problem is the middle class are the driving force of the country in a lot of ways.
We are also rewarding the rich for outsourcing and basing their business outside the
U.S. due to taxes. But anyways...

About the car
Dodge Challenger RT with 375 HP 5.7L Hemi also has cold air intake. It's orange with black racing stripes. I don't like luxury cars (BORING)

View attachment 709

now I need a expensive golf outfit, but I'm bad @ golf.

Is that your car by the way looks cool!

That's my Scarlet. All chrome under the hood plus more. Trophy winner. Thanks for the compliment. Your car is cool too. Take a few golf lessons and practice. That's your investment to get to the big money

Back