Going Paperless

And as a side note.... since Rick says I'm not a very good agent, and he says I don't know much about what I sell and he says and I'm not very successful it is obvious that I don't need a very good system. Right? Makes perfect sense to me.:yes:

Al(ice)

Okay then. We're in agreement. You don't need a very good system. Perhaps one 3x5 card would hold you client information.

Rick

Al

You're still stuck on tying agency management with the concept of going paperless. These are 2 different concepts and applications. Because of this, your not seeing that sugar doesn't deal with paperless.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time discussing this, since I've explained that I keep customer contact info in ACT, and use paperport for the 'paperless' side. ACT is similar to Sugar in client document management, they both stink from a paperless office perspective, both to slow and tedious, both not what I want for paper(less) management.

Yes, CVS / RCS / SVN are all document repositories. I've never claimed otherwise. Why do you want to manage data with them? I only referred to backing up my files (documents) remotely.

Dan

Al

You're still stuck on tying agency management with the concept of going paperless. These are 2 different concepts and applications.

You're right. Somehow I thought you were trying to use a doc repo as a substitute for an agency management system.... and I missed the salient point that you were using ACT (which is a nice piece of software... been around forever!)

I find it an interesting concept to employ a concurrent version system like CVS or SVN to keep track of paperwork, even if a lot of them are mostly static.

I've not tried Paperport but it looks like nice piece of software.

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen a paperless office have less paper then a regular office? In fact, I find going paperless always generates more paper then not going paperless? Just one of those funny things I suppose.

Back