Golden Rule Limitation

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was wanting to have some light shed on a general limitation I noticed within GR's outline of coverage...

"Covered outpatient expenses relating to diagnosis or treatment of any spine or back disorders will be limited to a maximum of $2,000 per calendar year. CAT scan and MRI tests are not subject to this limitation."

Feedback?

Any other limitations that GR imposes that anyone thinks is an issue?

Hmmm... quite honestly I have not been able to locate this cap in Assurant's outline of coverage or even in the acual policy. I have looked at CoreMed and MaxPlan.. Where can I find this clause John?

Outpatient therapy which includes chiro is $3,000 a year. It's actually on the brochure.

I'm reading a GR policy as I write this

"Rehabilitation services or confinement in a rehabilitation facility or extended care facility must begin within 14 days of a hospital stay of at least 3 consecutive days and be for treatment of, or rehabilitation related to, the same illness or injury that resulted in the hospital stay."

"Covered expenses for rehabilitation and extended care facilities are limited to a combined maximum of 30 days in a calendar year for each covered person.

Not a great therapy benefit at all. As I read that, unless I'm mistaken, that even inpatient rehab is capped at 30 days and no therapy is provided unless you were confined for 3 days. If anyone else has a different take on it I'm all ears.

Back