Gone to The Wild Kingdom

Al3,
Sounds to me that you are with a good crew. I learned the business exactly as they have spelled it out. Discover the problem/objective, show them how to solve or accomplish. Doing a thorough fact finder, understanding them, always putting the client first, as I have said before, you are who they are working with not the company. I never "close" a client, always doing counselor selling, let them discover the right solution based on your recommendations. Good luck.

Yes, that really dates me doesn't it? Fidelity Mutual was Larry's largest client, his Wilson Learning program was very insightfull. If you recall the program, I am an analytical expressive. Our local agency only hired guys right of center, drivers or expressives.

I thought IBM was his largest client.

Did not know about the MM watch. Fun facts to bring up at the next cocktail party.

Driving analytical here.

Al,
Sounds like a great place. I'm joining Guardian pretty soon here. Same deal as MoO, I can keep my health business and sell whatever is best for the client. I attended a few training meetings to test the water before I made a decision and they completely blew my mind. "You don't know what you don't know" is exactly how I felt.

Guardian is very overlooked on these forums. A great starting point for new/experienced people. If you're new, they give you a base salary which is actually a draw. Great training, great products, great benefits and you're not captive.

Al,
Sounds like a great place. I'm joining Guardian pretty soon here. Same deal as MoO, I can keep my health business and sell whatever is best for the client. I attended a few training meetings to test the water before I made a decision and they completely blew my mind. "You don't know what you don't know" is exactly how I felt.

Guardian is very overlooked on these forums. A great starting point for new/experienced people. If you're new, they give you a base salary which is actually a draw. Great training, great products, great benefits and you're not captive.

Guardian has excellent disability plans.

Guardian has excellent disability plans.

I'm writing a $300 DI buy-out with Guardian. MoO does not have such a product. Unfortunately, I have to go to Petersen for the $300K for the other guy as he is over 60. Petersen pays a whole 25% commission. Guardian pays 50%

Principal also is in this market and pays 50%. MoO is willing to let me write either. They are happy to get the two $300K term plans (although one might morph into a GUL, not sure yet.)

Of course is the buyer does not get funding, all bets are off... but I've called some banker friends of mine to see if they are interested in the deal... one dentist buying the practice of another.

Al

Back