Gone to The Wild Kingdom

Every other word in these classes is about doing "right" for the client, about brining cases to the manager to talk about what to recommend, and to do a good fact-finder followed by an analysis with the manager.. and not a one-call "slam-bam, thank you ma'am" close. In fact the word "closer" is banned from use. "Pros don't close... they don't have to," we are taught.

We're taught to rely on the good name of the company as well as the products along with a clear and concise presentation to let the client convince himself that what we propose is the right thing. We've been taught when asked what we do we should say something like "We help people do two things. One is to lower taxes and the other is to increase the return on their savings." The entire philosophy of MoO is that if you do a totally professional job in finding the needs of the client and then presenting the material clearly that the customer will close themselves... no pressure, no hype, no scare tactics.

(There is no mention of non-compete or any "captivity" in their 6 page contract. They 'get' it when it comes to how agents feel about being restrained.)

Al
MoO

I agree, I do like their philosophy. They really pushed that in this second interview that I had this last Wednesday. I have another 4 hour interview this next Tuesday. The manager said that after a 3rd interview, if we both feel comfortable with each other that this is going to work for both parties, then an offer will be put on the table. Is this the way it kind of went for you? I am a newbie, so maybe they are taking a little extra time with me to see if this is going to work for both of us. Don't misunderstand me, I like the fact that this is a thorough process. It makes me a lot more comfortable than the meetings I had with a different company. Just would like to see if the process is uniform. I have heard that things can be different from district to district with some companies.

I would like to know before hand how they work their offices. Do you work from home, do they back you with an office? What kind of deal have you worked with them on these issues? Not that Mine will be the same, but their web site had some things they provide, but I'm sure a lot of these provisions will depend on what you are doing also. Just thought you might have some insight.

Back