Good Companies for Independent P&C?

pam1327

Looking for companies to write P&C insurance for. Iam an independent agency. Currently have 7 companies but just looking into getting a few more. Thanks.

Looking for companies to write P&C insurance for. Iam an independent agency. Currently have 7 companies but just looking into getting a few more. Thanks.

Pam 7 companies are a good mix. How many you want to have do you want sub standard companies like progressive, foremost and infinity.

Are you doing any commercial? Do you find certain things are needing to be insured frequently, such as boat, camper, RVs, and things like that? Farms, older houses, houses with furnaces and oil tanks, or other unusual features?

What carriers do you have now? Are they direct appointments, are you the producer under a larger agency, or are you a part of a cluster? If you have 7 companies and want to know more to get then it sounds like you are newer at this, which is why I am asking. One does not get 7 companies easily unless it is a part of a cluster and you are new to this, and your question adds to that mindset.

We say this because that is like someone saying "what is a good policy for life insurance" and never saying anything else about it. If you give an answer then you need to dust off your E&O policy and have the policy number available.

Last edited:
I work with another agent and we own a small agency that writes for 6 different companies. We do all insurance except life & health. The other agent I work with has been doing insurance for 10 years and I have been doing insurance for 6 years. We currently write for Cameron Mutual Insurance, Laclede Mutual Insurance, Grinnell Mutual Insurance, 1st Auto, CFM Insurance, and Dairyland Auto & Cycle. I am in the process of branching of and forming my own company. We are both independent and he is looking to get out of the field completely. It is a possibility I will buy his book of business. I just was searching for a few more additional companies. Thanks.

Back