Good News From Aetna

If this logic is followed to its collusion, every up line owns his immediate down line.. So if an IMO terminates you, he should not be able to keep your agents but should also terminate them.

I believe the article mentions there were lawsuits about this in the past.

Dear Aetna and Mr. Colliflower,

I sure hope you are reading this forum and this thread concerning your most recent article about ownership of agents.

As an IMO that does do business with Aetna, I hope you can easily take care of this mistake you have made in thinking that anybody owns the producers. I will say this; If you think for one second that any of us, including you, own anyone (whether it is a producer, agency, IMO, or NMO) you are so sadly mistaken. This does not reflect good on you as a company. You should, rightfully, print out an apology letter, and that is the very least you should be doing.

Aetna, it really concerns me that you would have someone working for you (especially an officer of the company) that would think in this outdated and offensive manner. I think the only way this could have been more offensive is if you included racist or sexist remarks.

This is truly incomprehensible in this day and time!

One last thing Aetna; Please keep in mind that you wouldn't exist without the producers. I like dealing with companies that know this. Seems as though some at your company have either forgotten that or never understood it to begin with. This may explain why most of the bigger companies are so hard to deal with; They've gotten a little too big for their britches!

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm surprised we haven't seen a retraction yet. Even if he believes every word of it, I'm still surprised no one hasn't made him retract it yet.

Generally his column is the only one I read out of their newsletter. I like to see what is going on and what issues are coming up. But to write this, very sad.

I have to admit, I'm surprised we haven't seen a retraction yet. Even if he believes every word of it, I'm still surprised no one hasn't made him retract it yet.

Generally his column is the only one I read out of their newsletter. I like to see what is going on and what issues are coming up. But to write this, very sad.
I doubt anyone really cares what they put in the newsletter.

When I click on it it’s just a blank page

Don't know what to say. I downloaded it as a pdf and used abode to remove the extra pages so it would be small enough to upload. May be your computer or pdf viewer?

Don't know what to say. I downloaded it as a pdf and used abode to remove the extra pages so it would be small enough to upload. May be your computer or pdf viewer?

Maybe you should have used abide. Then TheDude could help you with that. The Dude always abides.

Or you could have just used Adobe.

Back