Google Ads - A new certification for health insurance advertisers in the U.S.

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
A new certification for health insurance advertisers in the U.S.

Today, we are announcing our plans for a new certification program for health insurance advertisers in the United States. With this certification, we will only allow ads from government exchanges, first-party providers and licensed third-party brokers. In order to run ads, advertisers will need to provide documentation showing they are permitted under state law to sell health insurance. This includes plans for individual health insurance coverage, short-term coverage and Medicare, among others. Additionally, for private-sector providers promoting Affordable Care Act-compliant health plans, we will also require proof they are registered with the U.S. government to do so.

G2 Health Insurance Providers Certification - Verisk Financial | G2

ONE-TIME APPLICATION FEE** (NON-REFUNDABLE):

To apply for certification, begin by submitting a one-time application fee below. Please input payment for the number of states and locales* you would like to apply for.
  • 0-20 licensed states/locales = $39 per state/locale up to 20
  • 21-40 licensed states/locales = $780 + $29 per state/locale over 20
  • 41+ licensed states/locales = $1360 + $19 per state/locale over 40

The law: "Have a license"
Regulation? State DOI.

Google: "Pay us and prove it."

Greediest company on earth...

I'm all about free enterprise and Google can do whatever they want to do, but imagine a restaurant requiring you to show your state's Driver's license, proving that you didn't break the law in driving to buy their food.

It won't affect me as I don't run Google ads. I do have a few YT videos but I don't think cert will be required....

Who is Verisk and why should anyone care?

Next thing they will require the purchase of energy credits to offset the carbon emissions from bullshit.

Seems like this Google-grab is directed at paid ads only.

I think it's a good thing.

In theory, it would reduce the number of leads generators that create a lead and then sell it 20x

Lead generation companies are rarely (if ever) licensed to sell insurance. Perhaps I am missing something but I don't see how lead gen companies are subject to these made up rules.

Back