Looking for a new FMO, what should I be considering with the new proposed CMS legislation?

Yesh

Hi all! I have a new MA agency with 4 guys and we are off to a great start with ~450 apps signed this AEP. We are looking to grow and I’d like to find the right FMO. What should I be looking for with such a partnership, especially considering CMS’s proposed legislation. Is it better to go it alone?

Hi all! I have a new MA agency with 4 guys and we are off to a great start with ~450 apps signed this AEP. We are looking to grow and I’d like to find the right FMO. What should I be looking for with such a partnership, especially considering CMS’s proposed legislation. Is it better to go it alone?

Go it alone ? You got to go under an fmo for contracting as of now. Before you get all excited just know there’s a good possibility overrides and marketing money is gone in oct. That means your lead costs will cut into your profit margins big building a book of business from scratch

I have been generating our agency’s leads. I have a horrible FMO who has not given me overrides. By go it alone, I mean not attach my agency to an FMO at all, mostly because of the legislation. I’m not sure if my carriers specifically require an FMO for contracting. That is a good consideration, I’ll check. Thank you. Also, the book of business would stay with the agency in any circumstance. The agency is AOR, not my current FMO.

I'm looking for a new one as well if anyone wants to shoot me a PM. Located in Florida.

Well, what do you want, that you dont have? Can you get it now? Or do you need an FMO to give it to you?

We are mainly a group GA but have a FS division along with an FMO-like division that I'm a rep for. We aren't particularly worried about the bonus/overrides going away. We are diverse, not dependent on any other upline and write a decent amount of ACA/Medicare ourselves.

I would think the Integrity shops might have some trouble because of all the OR sharing that is happening down the line.

We think we can still offer a lot to our brokers through other avenues if all of that comp goes away.

The ones that will last are the ones that can adapt.

We are mainly a group GA but have a FS division along with an FMO-like division that I'm a rep for. We aren't particularly worried about the bonus/overrides going away. We are diverse, not dependent on any other upline and write a decent amount of ACA/Medicare ourselves.

I would think the Integrity shops might have some trouble because of all the OR sharing that is happening down the line.

We think we can still offer a lot to our brokers through other avenues if all of that comp goes away.

The ones that will last are the ones that can adapt.
I'm doubting that all the comp goes away. If you want to entertain another IMO, you can always contact TR King Insurance Marketing.

Back