Google & Yahoo Pay Per Click Advertising

Google & Yahoo advertising is the way to go for this industry. I'm pouring most of my advertising budget into it and it definately pays off. Especially if you live in a young-populated city.

What types of keywords are you advertising under? Are you doing a local campaign (example: phoenix az insurance)? It definately works but Google prides themselves in having a non-user-friendly system. You really have to know a lot about them to do it effectively.

I promise I won't click on you;)

Yea, you really have to be careful with the "click fraud" I new a guy who set a $50 daily budget. It got maxed out everyday, for 6 days and he never got a completed quote.

That's why I say SEO is the way to go. For a decent job you'll pay around $7000 a year but the results you get are so much better than in the PPC area. I read something recently that said a really high percentage (90% i think?) of people click in the "natural listings" on Google - so that's the place to be. You also don't have to worry about click fraud there.

Good traffic costs money. SEO is complicated and takes a lot of time.

Paid traffic is generally for lead companies as cost "per lead" is excessive right now in any quantity. $20 to $60 a lead is not uncommon with paid traffic.

It's not complicated or timely if you hire a company to do it. I think it's better to pay a few thousand one time to get ranked on search engines rather than paying per click for tons of years. The good thing with SEO is it gets you ranked on all search engines - not just Google. In one of the marketing books I read, it said SEO is the cheapest cost/lead right after referrals (which obviously don't cost anything)

I disagree but that is ok. 99% of seo companies are thieves. Most want large sums upfront. Hardly any will work performance based.

Well obviously it's only good if you get a good company. If you can't figure out where to start, ask someone else you know who's used a company they recommend.

And as for the money upfront, I think it is because of all the original work they have to do on the site. I read "SEO for Dummies" recently and it really shows you how much work it is.

It works great if you work it right. Also be carefull about spreding it over otherr sites. They tend to suck up the clicks without results....:cool:

Back