Great American Senior Benefits

Really? That I haven't heard. I knew they were planning to at some point, but I'm surprised that they've already done so. I'll have to give my boy Danny a call!

Really? That I haven't heard. I knew they were planning to at some point, but I'm surprised that they've already done so. I'll have to give my boy Danny a call!

Yep, March 1st here in NC. They even have the E-app already out for galic.

They also just came out with the new agent website.

Depends on which state you are in. In IN they cannot go a year without a double digit increase on their med supps. Texas is the only state where they are producing alot.

They have tons of products and companies. UTA,CRL,CGI,PAHLIC,Great American, Loyal American, and a couple others.

I was wondering if you still work in the Senior Market here in IN? We have an office in Indy and Evansville. The Evansville office has been around for over a year and has averaged over 200k a month over that time, and done over 300k on quite a few occassions.

The Broker contracts have seen many increases in the Med Supps, but the GASB Career agent offices have been using the re-introduced GA Supps which are competitive and do not take the big increases. I think there is a plan to narrow down the Broker Contracts and to expand the Career Agent side of GASB. That is my understanding. But yes, I have seen UTA/CGI here in IN take some really big increases. But they really are only competitive in their J-plan pricing.

Sounds like you have been in the business a while and sorry to hear GA left a taste in your mouth. I would like to hear more about your experience with GA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Would that be Danny Beavin by any chance? I work for or with him, whatever you wanna say.

Which office are you out of?

Last edited:
I was wondering if you still work in the Senior Market here in IN? We have an office in Indy and Evansville. The Evansville office has been around for over a year and has averaged over 200k a month over that time, and done over 300k on quite a few occassions.

The Broker contracts have seen many increases in the Med Supps, but the GASB Career agent offices have been using the re-introduced GA Supps which are competitive and do not take the big increases. I think there is a plan to narrow down the Broker Contracts and to expand the Career Agent side of GASB. That is my understanding. But yes, I have seen UTA/CGI here in IN take some really big increases. But they really are only competitive in their J-plan pricing.

Sounds like you have been in the business a while and sorry to hear GA left a taste in your mouth. I would like to hear more about your experience with GA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Would that be Danny Beavin by any chance? I work for or with him, whatever you wanna say.

Which office are you out of?

It's news to me if the Great American Med Sups are different for the captive and independent channels. They are pretty competitive on the independent side.

Great American tells us that it is exactly the same product with the only difference being that the independents get higher commissions and the captives get lower commission but free leads.

There is no difference in pricing whether you are captive or independent. Yes I still am in the business and GASB's Plan J is nothing special and if that is the only thing they have going then that knocks them out of 2010.
Anyway, I have no problems with GASB just the guy I worked for. I was just stating facts about their rate increase history which stinks. Loyal American I believe is their best med supp in IN is not even available to the captive side. Atleast it wasn't the last time I checked.

There is no difference in pricing whether you are captive or independent. Yes I still am in the business and GASB's Plan J is nothing special and if that is the only thing they have going then that knocks them out of 2010.
Anyway, I have no problems with GASB just the guy I worked for. I was just stating facts about their rate increase history which stinks. Loyal American I believe is their best med supp in IN is not even available to the captive side. Atleast it wasn't the last time I checked.

Hey Senior! Good to see you back.

How much of a difference was there in commission percent when you were a captive agent with them. And were the free leads good ones? I'm just curious.

I didn't get free leads like I was promised. That was one of the ways my upline screwed us. The commission was not much different. I made 20% on the med supps and i think street is around 20-22%. Absolutely no training either. The guy I worked for only hired agents with a block of business to roll and then when you leave him he rolls your block of business to a new company.

As I recall, the UTA LTC procuct, that was sold exclusively through AMBA, was just the Loyal product with the UTA name stamped on it.

Loyal is a one trick pony on their medsup plans = all "J" all the time. They do have an "Ultra" rating that makes the "J" very competative but who cares after june 1, 2010?

I haven't quoted a great american product in a long time but i've replaced a good bit of their business.

As I recall, the UTA LTC procuct, that was sold exclusively through AMBA, was just the Loyal product with the UTA name stamped on it.

Loyal is a one trick pony on their medsup plans = all "J" all the time. They do have an "Ultra" rating that makes the "J" very competative but who cares after june 1, 2010?

I haven't quoted a great american product in a long time but i've replaced a good bit of their business.

So what have you replaced it with?

I didn't get free leads like I was promised. That was one of the ways my upline screwed us. The commission was not much different. I made 20% on the med supps and i think street is around 20-22%. Absolutely no training either. The guy I worked for only hired agents with a block of business to roll and then when you leave him he rolls your block of business to a new company.

You didn't work with a Jon Snead did you? Well GA didn't give out 'free leads', but does offer a lead account for each RSM/DSM to use each month. I think the money is based upon production for those accounts. Your ex-boss may have been getting $ in that account, but not sharing with you. Of course, I have no idea how they did things two years ago or so. But there are plenty of insurance agents like your old boss out there and I have worked with a few in my day. So where is Indiana Medicare Plans based out of?

Back