Greek Catholic Union OF The U.S.A Med Supp

BuckNasty

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Is anyone familiar with their underwriting? I have a prospect here in PA who has COPD (without oxygen) and also had an AFIB incident three years ago, but has not had any further complications. Shes paying $244 for plan F with Family Life now.

I am not appointed with these Greek folks, so their underwriting team told me to buzz off when I asked about the AFIB. Don't really feel like wasting my time getting appointed just to ask this question.

According to their underwriting guide, only COPD with oxygen is a decline. But as is pertains to the AFIB the app reads, "During the past 2 years, have you seen a physician, been diagnosed, treated or taken medication for: Heart valve disease, carotid artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, coronary artery disease, angina, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation?

Any thoughts on whether this would move through considering no complications for three years?

PS Cigna's substandard rates aren't available here yet and Equitable and AARP aren't really any savings.

Is anyone familiar with their underwriting? I have a prospect here in PA who has COPD (without oxygen) and also had an AFIB incident three years ago, but has not had any further complications. Shes paying $244 for plan F with Family Life now.

I am not appointed with these Greek folks, so their underwriting team told me to buzz off when I asked about the AFIB. Don't really feel like wasting my time getting appointed just to ask this question.

According to their underwriting guide, only COPD with oxygen is a decline. But as is pertains to the AFIB the app reads, "During the past 2 years, have you seen a physician, been diagnosed, treated or taken medication for: Heart valve disease, carotid artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, coronary artery disease, angina, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation?

Any thoughts on whether this would move through considering no complications for three years?

PS Cigna's substandard rates aren't available here yet and Equitable and AARP aren't really any savings.

Is the person taking any medication for AFIB? I'm not sure I've ever come across a person with AFIB who isn't on medication for it (or is supposed to be and just doesn't take it).

Yes, Sman, she is taking meds for the AFIB.

Well there's your answer. The question on the app states (according to what you posted):

During the past 2 years, have you seen a physician, been diagnosed, treated or taken medication for: Heart valve disease, carotid artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, coronary artery disease, angina, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation?

Well there's your answer. The question on the app states (according to what you posted):

During the past 2 years, have you seen a physician, been diagnosed, treated or taken medication for: Heart valve disease, carotid artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, coronary artery disease, angina, cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure or atrial fibrillation?

Each company is different. The only sure way to know is if you call UW. Look at New Eras question on heart for example. It asks about taking meds for heart conditions too but as long as the condition is stable for 5 years then they are good.

----------

Wow, there office is already closed for the day.

Each company is different. The only sure way to know is if you call UW. Look at New Eras question on heart for example. It asks about taking meds for heart conditions too but as long as the condition is stable for 5 years then they are good.

----------

Wow, there office is already closed for the day.

Their office is closed too.

Back