Greetings, training as P&C Adjuster

Wanted to introduce myself, I'm in training as a P&C Adjuster with Liberty Mutual. Trying to learn the ins-and-outs and looking for some places to ask questions and tips and such when the time comes. Thanks!

You might get a lot of answers from the following search results:

insurance adjusting for dummies at DuckDuckGo

You have to be more specific with your questions because, as you can see from the search, there is a lot to learn.

I majored in insurance in college. I spent over 35 years in the insurance industry. My first job was in claims, my last job was in claims. In between I wore many other insurance hats.

Lets start with this. Are you being trained for property or liability claims? They are distinctly different specialties. If both, what is the end game? Property or liability? By now you should know the curriculum. How long is the training program? How far into it are you? What's your background? Education? Experience?

Hey there adjusterjack, I am in training with Liberty mutual as an inside property claims adjuster. I am early in training but so I don't have a lot of questions yet. Learning about construction, Xactimate basics etc.

My only previous experience in insurance was as an agent in 2017, I became licensed to sell auto insurance with my previous employer as one of our offered products.

Hi, I spent two years as a inside adjuster and 14 years as a outside adjuster. Sounds like you are new enough into the process that any specific guidance is probably premature.

What I can say is that it was my experience that the best inside adjusters took the time after they were up to speed on the inside knowledge to get a understanding of the outside adjusters processes and reality. The combination of skills and understanding seemed to create better claims overall.

Good Luck.

Back