Group Health in South Alabama

We tried doing some work in Alabama. BC/BS owns that place.

They have BCBS right now and do not like it, they want to change. I know a few years back I was employed at a large law firm for Alabama and we originally had BCBS, the company ended up switching to UHC since the premiums were so high. I think a lot of businesses around here have done that.

If your looking to break into the group market, I would find an experienced producer and work on a joint basis. If you don't know anyone, look to your local NAIFA assocation. I would attend a meeting, otherwise, you may be able to just call and ask the president of the local associtation who he would recommend.

Thanks guys. I have found someone who is going to help us. She is going to be the agent for this, but she is going to walk us through it and split commissions with us. She is also going to help us learn the individual and life side as well!

They have BCBS right now and do not like it, they want to change.

In order to be successful with this case, you've got to drill down deeper than that.

"They have BCBSAL right now and do not like it..."

Why? Why? Why? (the most important question in sales)

Suggest you find out if you don't know already - before you waste a lot of time unnecessarily.

I am under the impression they feel they are paying way too much for crappy coverage. We are going to talk to him within the next few days and get a census from him. Luckily for us, this will be informal compared to the way it is probably done most of the time. The guy we are dealing with has known Alex for years and the way he is, it is almost a guaranteed deal even if we were to quote the exact same coverage at $1 less a month.

The "easy" sales are often the one's that catch you off guard. Treat the process like you would any other prospect, otherwise you may be disappointed.

I totally understand that. I said that in regards to them having BCBSofAL and making sure it was not going to be a waste of time. I am not so much concerened about the commission side of this. Alex and I have ONLY sold med. adv. plans (never even sold an ind. plan). We got into this business with that and are looking to do individual or group sales and be independant. Since we have someone with 25+ years experience and is willing to show us the process and shed some insight I am willing to do whatever work I need to do, regardless of whether or not we make the sale.

I do not believe it would be time wasted on my part as I believe it would be a great opportunity to learn!

Back