Group Health in South Alabama

paying way too much for crappy coverage

They all say that.

You need more specifics.

What do they like about the plan? What do they dislike? They say they are paying too much. This is based on what? If they haven't looked at other plans they don't know if they are paying too much or not.

guaranteed deal even if we were to quote the exact same coverage at $1 less a month.

One of two things jumps out.

If they will move now for $1 less, then what will they do when someone comes behind you saving another buck?

There is something going on here beyond price. Do they hate the agent? If so, ask for an AOR (if BX will allow it).

If they don't like service, then how do you prove carrier X will give better service?

You really need details on why they don't like their current plan.

Thanks for the tips. I will find out exactly what the problem is when I get the census from him! Like I said though, I am not going to be the agent on this case, I am just going to do the referral, help with it and learn tons. I will report back as soon as I get that info and see what you experts say from there!!!

Ever thought about putting these guys on some type of defined benefit plan? It's pretty easy to do a group with those plans....and usually a lot cheaper. And hey...not all of them suck.

Well guys, we just heard from my soon to be brother in law that my soon to be father in law just got banned from the country club that he worked at, so I may not have our in for the group insurance, ha. Seems that my FIL thinks he is still in the mafia, even though that life of his was years ago.

We were actually supposed to go get some papers tomorrow, but I think we may need to wait a little while now.

Well guys, we just heard from my soon to be brother in law that my soon to be father in law just got banned from the country club that he worked at, so I may not have our in for the group insurance, ha. Seems that my FIL thinks he is still in the mafia, even though that life of his was years ago.

We were actually supposed to go get some papers tomorrow, but I think we may need to wait a little while now.

Maybe an "accidental death" plan may be more appropo?

Back