Group Ins. Vs. Individual Ins.

shepnerd

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
OK, I know absolutely nothing about group. I'm new and do mostly health, but at a call center, so even there my experience is rather limited. I'm looking at doing a little of everything to see what I like the best, but am leaning towards the life and annuity side of things.

Saying that, I have some opportunities to write some small group policies- my close circle of friends are small business owners and would hand me the business if I asked for it. In fact, they've tried to already and I didnt know enough to feel comfortable writing it (and didnt have contracts).

I'm in the process of getting contracted through Health Choice One- is that going to allow me to write group? Is there any other process/licensing that I would need?

Also, these are close friends of mine, so I'd hate to mess them up just to make a commission- are there a lot of differences between group and individual plans? I know the basics, but are there gotchas that new agents continually dont cover?

Is there a good place to go to read up on this stuff? I like to know what I'm talking about and there is SO much to learn on all this stuff its kinda crazy.

Lasty, if there are any group experts in Atlanta on here that would want to split a few deals that are willing to mentor a newby for a bit, I'd love to hear from you.

I am in Atlanta and would not mind helping you out secure some business. PM me your contact info if you want to talk about it.

I hope you are on your way to doing some groups. Can be profitable. I am also in the Atlanta area so if you have any questions you can pm me as well.

Good luck.

Back