Guaranteed Issue When Leaving an Employer Med Supp?

Even if GI was an option, he would still have to go through UW for Plan G.

Why is G different than F? Is that state specific?

If its an indy plan paid by the employer, he needs underwriting, regardless of the plan.

If its a group Med Supp, wouldn't he be able to go on all of the plans, via GI?

Why is G different than F? Is that state specific?

If its an indy plan paid by the employer, he needs underwriting, regardless of the plan.

If its a group Med Supp, wouldn't he be able to go on all of the plans, via GI?

GI is limited plans only OE is any plan

GI is limited plans only OE is any plan

I'm really trying to figure this out, so please don't hurl any rocks...

1. Open Enrollment for Medicare is turning 65 or leaving employer sponsored coverage

2. GI is guaranteed issue and some states allow that for different reasons (it doesn't exist in TX)

This guy is leaving. He either is on employer sponsored coverage and eligible for open enrollment. OR he is on an indy Med Supp that the employer is paying for and if he wants to move he has to go through UW. But if it IS GI, then GI is not available on G. (Is GI not available on G in every state or is it state specific?)

1. Open Enrollment for Medicare is turning 65 or leaving employer sponsored coverage

2. GI is guaranteed issue and some states allow that for different reasons (it doesn't exist in TX)

This guy is leaving. He either is on employer sponsored coverage and eligible for open enrollment. OR he is on an indy Med Supp that the employer is paying for and if he wants to move he has to go through UW. But if it IS GI, then GI is not available on G. (Is GI not available on G in every state or is it state specific?)

1. Open Enrollment for Medicare is turning 65 or Part B effective whichever is later.

2. GI is guaranteed issue- This is used when OE is done because Part B has been in effect over 6 month's might be involuntary loss of Group, Loss of cobra, If some one was on MA or Medicare select and has moved outside service are there are other reasons

----------

And I would through rocks, there are still times I look up stuff in certain GI situations, I asked a question here in regard to MO anniversary GI yesterday

There is a lot to know in our industry

----------

Probably associate with leaving group because many people start part B and initiate OE when they retire

Jen, this may help.

https://www.medicare.gov/find-a-plan/staticpages/learn/rights-and-protections.aspx

As to the original question, either they have been advised to have surgery or they haven't. Whether or not they decide to follow through is irrelevant.

As for the underwriting call, I tell them to pretend they are on the witness stand and Perry Mason is asking questions. Just answer the question as asked, don't volunteer anything, answer honestly.

latest

Back