Half of Americans can't answer basic health insurance questions

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Half of Americans can't answer basic health insurance questions
bigstock_Health_Care_Search_73872535.jpg

As millions of Americans shop around for health insurance during Open Enrollment, new ValuePenguin.com study finds 72% are confused about purchasing or using health insurance.
Continue reading the Original Article.

72% of Americans say purchasing or using health insurance is confusing.

I would say almost half of these just don't like the answers and this is the reason for the confusion

They say I want this this and this We say its this price

They say what about this plan half the price

we say does not have this this and this

They say ohh This is Sooooo confusing

No its just more then you want to pay for the things you want

72% of Americans say purchasing or using health insurance is confusing.

I would say almost half of these just don't like the answers and this is the reason for the confusion

Have a lady that has had an individual health plan for several years. She decided that now she is "confused" about the calendar year deductible.

Getting a complaint about something like that from someone new to health insurance, or a person that doesn't use it, I understand. However, someone that runs up several thousand in claims every year, to suddenly act ticked off because the concept of a calendar year deductible is somehow "new" to them. I have to bite my lip.

Have a lady that has had an individual health plan for several years. She decided that now she is "confused" about the calendar year deductible.

Getting a complaint about something like that from someone new to health insurance, or a person that doesn't use it, I understand. However, someone that runs up several thousand in claims every year, to suddenly act ticked off because the concept of a calendar year deductible is somehow "new" to them. I have to bite my lip.

Send her a calendar as a Christmas gift . . .

Amen to that. But what really drives me nuts I’d the agent that thinks they know, but does not!

Maybe I am prejudiced, but over the years I have talked with enough agents (varying time in the biz from a few years to 30+) who only care about the sale. They have no desire to explain how claims work in relation to their plan.

Sadly, I discovered a few years ago there are any number of agents who have no clue how the Part D deductible works, so they just sell the "no deductible" plans.

Make the pitch. Counter objections. Get the signature and check. On to the next fish.

Back