Harsh Reality

Spoke to them both and they were "cutting corners" because they couldn't get materials to do their jobs and people weren't hiring them as much.

My 'well off clients are doing OK. The sky is gray and stormy but not falling.

My middle income family and Grey and Blue Collar. Are feeling it and the ceiling is fracturing. Gas and food being a big drain.

The working low income are sliding into the government assistance group. Why fight it.

Let the eat cake!
Error, scratch that, send them a biscuit in a pretty package.

IMohsoHO

[QUOTE="Travis Price, post: 1425714,

While inflation is horrible... I want the extra cash flow to invest through this "not a recession" recession as that's how you get rich.[/QUOTE]

Cut more wood for the winter than you need for the winter so you won't Need it. Smart

Well, the Feds did the 75 basis point hike! As perverted as it sounds, the market is okay with this sort of economy killing hike, because they feel it will hasten the Fed to pivot and resume rate cuts and maybe QE.

Right now the Fed's plan is to hike another 175 basis points over the next 4 meetings. That would get the Fed funds rate to about 3.4%. This already crippled economy is going to take a gut punch over that!

The day of a Fed decision often doesn't spell the overall market direction.

Attachments

• image (3).png
    image (3).png
    243.5 KB · Views: 4
Well, the Feds did the 75 basis point hike! As perverted as it sounds, the market is okay with this sort of economy killing hike, because they feel it will hasten the Fed to pivot and resume rate cuts and maybe QE.

Right now the Fed's plan is to hike another 175 basis points over the next 4 meetings. That would get the Fed funds rate to about 3.4%. This already crippled economy is going to take a gut punch over that!

The day of a Fed decision often doesn't spell the overall market direction.

Dude, what's your deal? Are you an insurance agent? Or do you just like to complain? I don't get it.

So, here's the deal. The Fed is in a really bad position. Either you combat inflation, which puts us in a recession OR you end recession by continuing 40 year record inflation. You can't have it both ways.

This is what happens when you pour 80% of the money supply into creation in a matter of two years. Again, no matter who you voted for, this was going to happen. Unfortunately, we were/are still battling a once in a generation pandemic and literally every country in the world is having the same issue.

Runaway inflation (because we're only pegging CPI right now, which is an incomplete inflation estimation) is the higher priority. If you're smart, your dollar-cost averaging into strong market staples over time. Ford during 2008, Delta during 2020 level of value.

Doom and gloom is fun and all, but if you actually look at the problems it's a rock and a hard place. I'd cozy up to the hard place.

So, here's the deal. The Fed is in a really bad position. Either you combat inflation, which puts us in a recession OR you end recession by continuing 40 year record inflation. You can't have it both ways.

This is what happens when you pour 80% of the money supply into creation in a matter of two years. Again, no matter who you voted for, this was going to happen. Unfortunately, we were/are still battling a once in a generation pandemic and literally every country in the world is having the same issue.

Runaway inflation (because we're only pegging CPI right now, which is an incomplete inflation estimation) is the higher priority. If you're smart, your dollar-cost averaging into strong market staples over time. Ford during 2008, Delta during 2020 level of value.

Doom and gloom is fun and all, but if you actually look at the problems it's a rock and a hard place. I'd cozy up to the hard place.

What he said. Completely.

Only thing I'd add is some of this is due to maybe the most epic mismanagement in the history of mankind. We crippled the whole world because the people in charge focused on slowing/stopping the spread of Covid and ignored everything else. It wasn't just the US, and yes, it would've happened no matter who won the election.

This was coming anyway, Covid just fast forwarded it. I guess I'm glad to navigate it in my 40s rather than 50s or 60s. Plus, more cool stories for when I'm old.

Dude, what's your deal? Are you an insurance agent? Or do you just like to complain? I don't get it.
Definitely not a broker.

Rising rates helps all of us tremendously. From annuities to carrier balance sheets to dividends, these increases help us.

I'm at double of my monthly pending over the last several months.

No one who sells insurance has a problem with this.

Inflation, real estate (if you need a mortgage), and the market are other conversations.

I'm currently killing it this year and plan to do so for the remainder of the year.

We’re going to get the GDP data this week. If they don’t like what it says, we could easily see all these market gains evaporate. If they like it, it could send us soaring. Staying on your toes this week makes sense. IMO

Business Tips - Log into Facebook

Back