He Just Ask Clients if They Need Life Insurance.

I've turned in 3 apps this week from folks either I or my agent buddy have asked if they need a life insurance quote. Oh and one annuity because I'm rolling one of these people's IRA's. Just faxed two in just now.

Have an appointment tomorrow with someone I met at a funeral home (she was in the parking lot). Asked her if she wanted a life insurance quote. She said sure! I quoted her FE and she said she didn't want it. I asked why and she said she saw no need for 5k worth of life insurance (76 Y.O.). I asked what I would have to do to get her interested. She said 25k at least. Going to see her tomorrow and she also upon some digging has 180k in IRAs and a V/A to discuss with me. Whole time she kept telling me how poor she is. :skeptical:

Have an appointment Saturday with someone who asked me about Aflac. I asked them about life insurance. It's a triple appointment since her sister and son want life insurance too and will be present. I'm thinking about getting an Aflac shirt or two that sorta STAND OUT. Everybody asks about the duck. :yes:

and Mark I've been getting some Assurity Non-Med quotes but it's pretty expensive compared to what the other kids on the street offer by about 40 to 50 percent so far. Only had one guy who it worked for because he was too busy to get poked with a needle. Plus he was already paying an arm and a leg per month so Assurity was a dream in his opinion. Never gave him any other quotes though.

Last edited:
Read the article, loved the guys mind-set. My staff and I have coined our own little term for this type approach, we call it "blue-collar sales"...it has nothing to do with selling to the middle-class market, rather it refers to a certain mindset of an agent/advisor to just flat out do what others don't and outwork them. We came up with this term over the years by continually getting sales in competitive situations due to just outworking the other agents.
"For someone who is truly willing to really work hard, the opportunity today is as great as it has ever been in human history." --Andrew Carnegie, during the great-depression

This kind of brings me back to a few months ago a Kirby salesperson knocked on my door. I can't remember the last time basically anyone knocked on my door selling something except the cable salespeople or a religious organization every now and then. As for being approached out in public by an insurance person it hasn't happened..

He Shoots, He Scores! | LifeHealthPro[/url] and what do you think about it?

He doesn't rely on slick marketing techniques, expensive lead systems or long hours of cold calling. His secret is much impluer: he just asks clients if they need life insurance.[/quote]

Yes he does that and the article also says "His favorite prospecting method is something he calls “leave a trail.” If Gleason goes on a sales call, whether it’s down the street or miles away, he makes a point of stopping at places along the way — coffee shops, local stores — and leaving a few compliance-approved flyers about his business.

“Every appointment I go on, whether it’s a sale or no sale, if I’m driving two hours to meet a client, I’m going to stop a few times and get my info out there,” he says."

Why didn't I think of that?!

Back