Health Choice One Question

txgolfer

Texas
I had a few questions about HCO, I've been trying to speak with Mr. Waldron from the company for about 3 days now and I was just popping in the forum to see if anyone who has appointments through them could answer a few basic questions. I'm currently setting up my own business with a partner. We are both new to the independent side of this so excuse us if our questions seem slightly ridiculous lol.

Is there any cost associated with actually joining or becoming associated with HCO?

How long does it take to get all the appointments to actually go through?

Lastly, does HCO itself send out the training materials on the products or would we be better off to just get the materials from the actually appointing companies ourselves?

Again I hope our questions aren't too elementary or perhaps comical. Thanks forum for your help.

I had a few questions about HCO, I've been trying to speak with Mr. Waldron from the company for about 3 days now and I was just popping in the forum to see if anyone who has appointments through them could answer a few basic questions.

Seems kind of obvious to me that if you can't get them to respond in three days, that may be a harbinger of what to expect going forward, no?

A bit off-topic but I love the word "harbinger." My mom used to make me learn one new word a week and that's one of the few I remember. I think discombobulated was another.

Rematch Moon? I still think the Phils would win in 6 or 7. It would be pain if you had to face Roy three times!

I would tend to agree with you on most every other occasion, however i have heard/read some amazing things about them that has really caught my interests. I'm admittedly blindly pursuing them in hopes of stumbling upon a good opportunity lol.

Rematch Moon? I still think the Phils would win in 6 or 7.

Only if you get Pat "No Bat" Burrell back! Seriously, the Rays will be tough, they by far have the best 1-5 starting rotation in MLB. Phils of course are outstanding too.

It would be pain if you had to face Roy three times!

Check out his record against Tampa Bay first... amazingly, the Rays have owned him - beat him 7 times in 2008-09!!! If the Rays could face him four times...

I had a few questions about HCO, I've been trying to speak with Mr. Waldron from the company for about 3 days now and I was just popping in the forum to see if anyone who has appointments through them could answer a few basic questions. I'm currently setting up my own business with a partner. We are both new to the independent side of this so excuse us if our questions seem slightly ridiculous lol.

Is there any cost associated with actually joining or becoming associated with HCO?

Lastly, does HCO itself send out the training materials on the products or would we be better off to just get the materials from the actually appointing companies ourselves?

Again I hope our questions aren't too elementary or perhaps comical. Thanks forum for your help.

In my opinion, they are slow in getting back with you (some slower than others). That's my number one complaint. My appointments took 6 weeks. HCO provides you with weekly training and ON Demand training. You can also access training directly from the carriers. They have a website where you can access all the carriers products/brochures/apps.

I hope this helps.

No. No fees or costs, they make override commissions on your sales.

About a month.

They have some videos available, if you combine their videos with the IHIAA videos and the AHCP videos you'll have if you take the AHCP contracts with free leads the sum of the videos is a lot of training materials, plus the carrier direct training info.

I have most of my contracts through them, other than BlueCross and Assurant on the health side.

You'll normally find them faster than this to react to information requests. In particular they handle carrier issues very well.

Only issue I've ever had with them was there is a policy from like March that I placed with Humana I still haven't gotten paid on. Even that is Humana's fault. Everything else has been without a hitch, and I wouldn't consider the 1 policy issue that serious.

Last edited:
Txgolfer,

With healthcare reform shaking things up, our phones are ringing more than ever. We just added another Sales Manager to help with the increased volume of new agent inquiries... We have 21 staff members here to get you going once you join us.

To answer your questions...

1. There are NO fees to join HCO...

2. It takes most carriers 2-3 weeks to process your contracts, but some carriers will let you start writing business as soon as your contract is received by the carrier...If there's a delay, it's on the carrier, we submit your contracts within 24hrs after we receive them from you...assuming we have all the documents we need (License, E&O, EFT, etc...).

3. Training is a very important part of what we do. We have an "on demand" product training tool, live sales and industry training daily and account managers you can call in our office for all of your questions.

Email me personally and I'll make sure we get back to you today. Be sure to reference this post so I know who you are.

Last edited:
"Only if you get Pat "No Bat" Burrell back! Seriously, the Rays will be tough, they by far have the best 1-5 starting rotation in MLB. Phils of course are outstanding too."

He might come cheap if they put him on waivers. He always a hot/cold hitter.

I didn't realize the Rays owned Roy. Very few teams do.

txgolfer...

Mystery solved... Thanks for the email...

Jack was unable to call you because in your email to me and to Jack earlier this week, there was no phone number given to call you back. Thanks for emailing your phone number to me a few minutes ago. We'll call you asap. :o)

Back