Health Insurance Marketplace

I wasn't invited, but there's Good News for those of you who want to go REALLY DEEP into the internals of the new Marketplaces! There's a big Health Insurance Exchange Summit starting on May 1st. I counted 97 speakers for this event. You can go to D.C., or watch it online.

Info: Health Insurance Exchange Summit

Isn't the Exchange/Marketplace supposed to be a simple venue designed for the average consumer? All they want to do is obtain low-cost health insurance. Do you really need a 3 day summit to discuss and explain how it works?
-ac

I wasn't invited, but there's Good News for those of you who want to go REALLY DEEP into the internals of the new Marketplaces! There's a big Health Insurance Exchange Summit starting on May 1st. I counted 97 speakers for this event. You can go to D.C., or watch it online.

Isn't the Exchange/Marketplace supposed to be a simple venue designed for the average consumer? All they want to do is obtain low-cost health insurance. Do you really need a 3 day summit to discuss and explain how it works?
-ac

$1400 to watch it online? *Random Puke Face*

Info: Health Insurance Exchange Summit

-ac

It's such a mess there's a whole new industry around it now - consulting firms and data "innovators" are the happiest about this - it will provide those firms with the longest engagements they've ever had. I went to the AHIP exchange conference at the beginning of 2012 in DC and all it said to me was there will be no room for an independent agent over time - the only question is how long will we last? . . .

It sure seems the Feds NEED agents to make the Markeplace work. I hope they still need us after we help it work.....

Back