Health, Life, AND Disability License?

oh, I agree, better to have a rider than none at all. I used to sell stand alone DI twenty years ago and it did not seem really high $$ to me, but maybe it has changed since then....

Seems like 20 years ago my average premium was like $70 per month for stand alone DI. And I wrote all occupational classes except maybe tree trimmers and such.

You are correct HomeService, but honestly - Who can afford a true stand alone DI policy? Very very expensive usually and middle markets won't buy it..Better to have a limited benefit rider for DI than purchasing something that is 'better' but unaffordable, just my opinion.

There is a great market for D.I. products. With this product, you get what you pay for.

Who can afford this policy? Hmm, I say who can't afford to have one of these policies. You need to talk to some clients that I know that needed this coverage, and didn't have it. Sure it would have cost them some money, or more then they wanted to pay, but if they had a time machine, they would go back and buy this coverage. Who can afford to stop getting a paycheck if something bad happens to them.

It's all about educating the client. I hope that you never need this coverage, but if you do, I hope you have it to protect your family and you.

Don't make me play some video that will make you cry, from a client that didn't have the coverage or from a client that had the coverage and it really helped them. I had a cd full of them from M.O.O. They had some really great stuff back in the day, and I bet they still do.

Most D.I. products have great client brochures and most of the companies will help you sell their products.

I find that a lot of business owners, buy this type of coverage.

Find someone that is selling a ton of D.I. and copy what they are doing.

Just in my office, two of use would have already had a claim and wish we had bought it.

Let me tell you a story with one of my clients. I was trying to talk him into buying a D.I. Policy. But he just was not understand how important it is to have one of these policies. I asked him does he believe in insurance and he said yes. He told me that he had car insurance, homeowners insurance, health insurance, life insurance and a ton of other kinds of insurance. I asked him if he got disable, who would he pay for all of those insurance polices or pay his bills. It's like having insurnace on your insurance. Now talking about affording it. You will be shocked at how clients can cut back things, that are not so important as this to get this coverage. Maybe they can downgrade their tv plan or go out to eat less. I just don't understand how people can afford not to have this coverage.

Back