Son with disability

Bud83

I have 2 kids. My oldest is fine but my youngest has Pradey Willi Syndrome. Their healthcare is through Virginia FAMIS. My youngest has to go to special doctors take special meds and the way FAMIS works if I make over a certain amount per year we will lose his coverage. Any other healthcare won't cover anything so if he looses it he won't get the proper treatment needed. Once he turns 18 we wont have to worry about it. Can anyone give me some options? My oldest can have any healthcare my youngest can't. Thanks for your time.

In PA a child with a disability will qualify for Medicaid. It looks like they may have something similar in VA. I would research this.
[EXTERNAL LINK] - Medicaid for children | CoverVA

Va FAMIS is Medicaid. My bad should have mentioned that. How does it work in PA? Can you only make a certain amount per year?

If my son didn't have his condition I wouldn't care and just get a better job and make more money. Right now we are a family of 4 but my oldest will be 18 in 2 years. Then will be considered a family of 3 and will loose his Medicaid for 5 years till my youngest turns 18 then gets Medicare.

Back