Hello from S.E. North Carolina

I would try and sell the FE and annuities if I could. What are the ages of your clients?

If they are older... Why cant you get your medsup/LTC?

Easy cross sell for you

I'm trying to get the MedSup/LTC, but I didn't think that I would need it (some advice from my mother, who never got hers, and she wanted me to get something so she could take a job in another field that had opened up, without the office having to be closed). I will go back and get it next year, although it seems that the licensing structure here in NC is about to change (got a letter from NCDOI saturday :( ), so I'm not sure how it will impact me. My clients are usually over 50, people under 35 don't seem to want life insurance, and can't afford health. I'm trying to get into annuities, I have a few prospects that way, but it is harder to talk somebody into parting with his money than to convince him to give some to his family (life insurance).

Dave.

I'm trying to get the MedSup/LTC, but I didn't think that I would need it (some advice from my mother, who never got hers, and she wanted me to get something so she could take a job in another field that had opened up, without the office having to be closed). I will go back and get it next year, although it seems that the licensing structure here in NC is about to change (got a letter from NCDOI saturday :( ), so I'm not sure how it will impact me. My clients are usually over 50, people under 35 don't seem to want life insurance, and can't afford health. I'm trying to get into annuities, I have a few prospects that way, but it is harder to talk somebody into parting with his money than to convince him to give some to his family (life insurance).

Dave.

The NCDOI letter was only talking about CE credits changing... It is going to be a 24hrs every 2yrs requirement. (I live in NC)

If your clients are 50+ then I would get the medigap/ltc license.

The letter I got talked about CE, but it also said for new agents, that the licenses would be broken up into Life, Health, LTC/Medsup, Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, and Variable Products.

Just one more thing to make life harder as time goes on.

Dave.

I was under the understanding that property and casualty were one license, . Under the new law, and now they are 2 licenses, although you probably wouldn't want one without the other. And they have taken the variable products and are requiring a separate license for them, on top of having to have your Series 6 or 63.

Dave.

Last edited:
Back