Help Building a Brokerage

After being laid off from my current carrier I have decided to try and make the leap to aquire some of my own group business. (Health & Vol benefits)

I'm in the process of building a website to lend some credibility to the business but was wondering if you guys can offer some advice on the best way to prospect small to very meduim sized groups. I realize calling on businesses is probably going to have almost nothing in common with calling on the brokerage community.

I have been given the impression that purchasing group leads are not a big help. I have a small marketing budget but I am not under the assumption that this will actually bring in any business.

Thanks for your time- Sean

After being laid off from my current carrier I have decided to try and make the leap to aquire some of my own group business. (Health & Vol benefits)

I'm in the process of building a website to lend some credibility to the business but was wondering if you guys can offer some advice on the best way to prospect small to very meduim sized groups. I realize calling on businesses is probably going to have almost nothing in common with calling on the brokerage community.

I have been given the impression that purchasing group leads are not a big help. I have a small marketing budget but I am not under the assumption that this will actually bring in any business.

Thanks for your time- Sean

CPS and a marketing plan could be very helpful. we have been in this same market and expanding since 2002.

Door to door visits may help and of course the cold call that is very common. You can also get some referrals from friends and relatives that do not require any fees.

An investment brokerage account is an account at a bank that lets you buy and sell individual stocks. .If you're new to investing, do *not* get a brokerage account, yet. Maybe in a few years, but you're not ready for it now.You want to buy mutual funds .

I spent many years in this market and cold calls and referrals from friends/family is the way to go. Don't waste money buying leads for group business. The small/mid size group market is hyper competitive, there really are no new groups just one's you can take form other agents who are not providing good service. You need a STRONG value prop as to why a group should use you not their current agent. Know group benefits and financing mechanisms inside and out and you will be a big step ahead of most out there.

Do you have voluntary products to sell? PM me and I will make you a good offer for GA level commissions on cancer insurance, accident insurance, disability insurance and others. We do all the TPA work and we are very competitive.

Back