Help me solve this problem!

I do see a ongoing Sep for Collin County from Cigna.Received 12-04
Hope this helps

Declaration information RENEWED

State declaration: Wildfires

SEP incident dates: 07/24/2023 – Ongoing

This SEP declaration is effective: 07/24/2023 – Ongoing Impacted counties for SEP purposes: Armstrong, Bailey, Baylor, Borden, Brewster, Briscoe, Brooks, Cameron, Carson, Castro, Cochran, Collin, Crockett, Culberson, Dimmit, Donley, Duval, Ector, El Paso, Garza, Glasscock, Gray, Hale, Hall, Haskell, Hemphill, Hidalgo, Hudspeth, Jack, Jasper, Jeff Davis, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, King, Kinney, Knox, LaSalle, Lamb, Lipscomb, Martin, Maverick, Medina, Mitchell, Moore, Newton, Nolan, Oldham, Potter, Presidio, Reagan, Reeves, Refugio, Roberts, San Patricio, Scurry, Sherman, Starr, Stonewall, Terrell, Throckmorton, Upton, Val Verde, Ward, Webb, Wheeler, Wilbarger, Willacy, Winkler, Wise, Zapata, and Zavala

Does the doc in question have an office full of Christian decor and drives a purple corvette? I’ve already gotten 2 calls on this.

I’m way too tired to read the comments, so if I’m repeating…well. Deal. I’m still doing ACA.

1. Medicare Advantage was originally called Medicare Replacement. Hence the phrase “assigning your rights from Original Medicare over to the private company”
2. There is an SEP in Collin County for MAPD but she does not qualify
3. Technically, doctors cannot do this. I can’t find the damn contract (haven’t looked too hard) but I turned in 2 different family practice offices in the area and got new letters sent PDQ. Both clients have asked me not do anything until January, so they can have their Dec appts
4. Look at Baylor for new pain management docs, they will all take OM
5. Have her talk to the original referring doc for suggestions on new docs.
6. Get the appt at the new doc for Jan NOW. As in by and of day Monday.
7. Ask for 90 days to transition at the last appointment
8. Pain Management under MA is a nightmare of prior authorization. I have a lot of Under 65s on MAPD (TX only has Plan A as an option) and it’s their #1 complaint
9. It’s my understanding that the letter gives a cash option. The doc is NOT opting out of Medicare, he’s being a jerk. Filing claims should be an option. But again, I haven’t dug in on the legal side.

Hope this helps!

Does the doc in question have an office full of Christian decor and drives a purple corvette? I’ve already gotten 2 calls on this.

I’m way too tired to read the comments, so if I’m repeating…well. Deal. I’m still doing ACA.

1. Medicare Advantage was originally called Medicare Replacement. Hence the phrase “assigning your rights from Original Medicare over to the private company”
2. There is an SEP in Collin County for MAPD but she does not qualify
3. Technically, doctors cannot do this. I can’t find the damn contract (haven’t looked too hard) but I turned in 2 different family practice offices in the area and got new letters sent PDQ. Both clients have asked me not do anything until January, so they can have their Dec appts
4. Look at Baylor for new pain management docs, they will all take OM
5. Have her talk to the original referring doc for suggestions on new docs.
6. Get the appt at the new doc for Jan NOW. As in by and of day Monday.
7. Ask for 90 days to transition at the last appointment
8. Pain Management under MA is a nightmare of prior authorization. I have a lot of Under 65s on MAPD (TX only has Plan A as an option) and it’s their #1 complaint
9. It’s my understanding that the letter gives a cash option. The doc is NOT opting out of Medicare, he’s being a jerk. Filing claims should be an option. But again, I haven’t dug in on the legal side.

Hope this helps!
That’s very helpful! (Yes, it could be the same doc as your 2 callers).

I would have to assume the doctor is being suspected of Medicare fraud or something and is trying to get off the radar.

Had not considered that angle, but it makes more sense than other speculations.

OM is simple to administer on the provider side and OM/Medigap generally pay quicker than MA plans . . . so why would a provider want to limit the practice to managed care and cash only?

Back