Help Selling Health Insurance

Almond

I'm licensed in Washington State for Life and Disability. I got into life insurance, I sucked and didn't have enough money to continually invest in leads. Was looking for other jobs and some people saw my resume with the life insurance experience so they reached out to me. I got an offer to sell health insurance for the company. After a phone interview, they said there was some issues with my license, saying that I didn't have the right stuff. After a few minutes googling, I couldn't find anything about a "health" license. Is there some other license I need to get in order to sell health insurance?

Thanks for any help

I'm licensed in Washington State for Life and Disability. I got into life insurance, I sucked and didn't have enough money to continually invest in leads. Was looking for other jobs and some people saw my resume with the life insurance experience so they reached out to me. I got an offer to sell health insurance for the company. After a phone interview, they said there was some issues with my license, saying that I didn't have the right stuff. After a few minutes googling, I couldn't find anything about a "health" license. Is there some other license I need to get in order to sell health insurance?

Thanks for any help
Sounds like you need certification to sell Medicare Advantage plans.. That is separate from your health license.

These people (offshore) have been calling me at least 2x daily, Mon-Fr for the past month for this job. They call from different area codes all over the US and you can't understand them. Multiple recruiters are working on this account. They email almost daily, too. I just don't pick up.

A friend spoke with a recruiter who first said she could work flex hours between 8am-11pm, seven days a week, as long as it was in eight-hour increments. Then she was told she had to work at least one weekend day, and the hours start as early as 7am and they assign you a schedule. She told them no, thanks.

And I think you need to be ACA-certified as well.

I wasn't aware there was any commission. The emails I've received just say $17 hour.

Last edited:
Back