Help with Client Underwriting

kcinsc

Expert
Newer agent here just working my first leads.

Have a 64 year old male good H/W, but is a diabetic on 105 units of insulin per day, first diagnosed at 55. Takes gabapentin for neuropathy, lunesta for sleep, synthroid for thyroid issue, 50mg cozaar for high bp, meloxicam for arthritis, zoloft for depression/anxiety, 50mg desyrel for relaxation, and stopped using albuterol 8 yrs ago for supposed asthma, and was taking meds for irregular heartbeat about 7 yrs since last took. Is this a for sure Guranteed Issue policy?
any way for first day? thanks

Have a 64 year old male good H/W, but is a diabetic on 105 units of insulin per day, first diagnosed at 55. Takes gabapentin for neuropathy, lunesta for sleep, synthroid for thyroid issue, 50mg cozaar for high bp, meloxicam for arthritis, zoloft for depression/anxiety, 50mg desyrel for relaxation, and stopped using albuterol 8 yrs ago for supposed asthma, and was taking meds for irregular heartbeat about 7 yrs since last took. Is this a for sure Guranteed Issue policy?

No way that's not level coverage. I'm assuming you are in SC so I would go RNA all day with that one.

Only reason to not start with Trinity/FBL is the inhaler. Even that should be long enough ago for them but they are crazy about inhalers.

I see Trinity is not available in SC. RNA would be my first look. That's going to be standard with Trans and pretty high. But still better than ROP.

Probably a go with LBL too.

Last edited:
oh yeah he also uses a cpap machine at night

yes JD RNA is what is was hoping as it seemed he passed all the questions just didnt know if any of those meds would throw a red flag. Going back to his house shortly when his wife gets off as shes needing a policy too. Ive studied this stuff just gotta learn to not get so overwhelmed when they have multiple issues and meds. Thanks JD

oh yeah he also uses a cpap machine at night

yes JD RNA is what is was hoping as it seemed he passed all the questions just didnt know if any of those meds would throw a red flag. Going back to his house shortly when his wife gets off as shes needing a policy too. Ive studied this stuff just gotta learn to not get so overwhelmed when they have multiple issues and meds. Thanks JD

Def go with RNA

It's a perfect fit for RNA. RNA has a 2 page Rx list. As long as they are not on any of those meds, you'll be good to go.

As others have said... you definitely can get level coverage for this guy. RNA would be my go to on this case. Great rates and day 1 coverage.

Thats not correct. Foresters is graded with neuropathy. Also i believe you can only take 40 units of insulin to get level with Aetna . I'm willing to bet some of those other co's like columbian don't take insulin and neuropathy .

Thats not correct. Foresters is graded with neuropathy. Also i believe you can only take 40 units of insulin to get level with Aetna . I'm willing to bet some of those other co's like columbian don't take insulin and neuropathy .
BestProPlans claim's to be 90% accurate. :skeptical:

"90.53% accurate on 3101 Cases Studiesapprox. 109,486 Correct Tests Last Updated: Jul 6, 2019 12:08pm"

I’m going RNA on this case as well. They will be implementing EApp very soon so this should be an easy case to write. Best of luck!

Back