Help with HBP Client

Re: Help with Client

Assuming the diabetes and HBP are controlled and height/weight is not an issue then we have a standard carrier that will take them with no rate up. The individual will need to live in one of their counties (basically outside of the Chicago area. Let me know if you need help.

Bob

I actually have two carriers who would consider this risk (one of which I know will write this, based upon assumption that these conditions are controlled and ht/wt is normal, as I've encountered similar cases many times). If we start throwing in other conditions then Chips is where you need to be. Anyways, both carriers are highly rated with NCQA and are the larger carriers in the individual and group markets in downstate Illinois (again, not Chicagoland area).

Bob

With all due respect, who I am contracted with is my business. If the op is interested in carriers then that is a discussion between him and I.

Bob

I guess we were just asking because if you know of a comprehensive medical plan that will take these folks, we could all help a lot of people in Illinois.

In my experience, I have found no health ins plans that take these folks. Aetna says they with take borderline type II diabetics but I have never had a client get through their UW. :1err:

Back