Helping Build Wealth

Questions

I had a few questions about this company. My internet shut down, so I don't know if the other went through, sorry if this is a double post. I cam across HBW and they caught my attention. One reason was because they told me that different people can start at different levels depending on their experience. I was told I'd start out at 70%, which isn't great by any measure and that's only with their main carriers....their carriers for "sub-standard" clients commissions seem pretty bad. I was also told that if you recruit somebody that's better than you, you can put them at a higher level and you won't get the overrides, but they count toward you're promotions. I was also told that your clients are your clients and if you leave, you can take them with you along with any agents you recruit as well. I was surprised, since I don't know any company that allows you to try to recruit their agents after you leave. For those of you that are familar with company, does all this sound right? I also had a question as far as carriers...can you have other life insurance carriers than what they offer. I was told they are truly independent, which to me means, if I choose to have other carriers it shouldn't be an issue....can anybody shed some light as to whether or not you can have additional life carriers? I have E&O through NAPA right now, I have to call them and see if I have to add life companies to my insurance, or if all my life and health business is covered....can anybody answer that question here as well. Any help and comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone that wants to know about us give me a call Marvin at 866-356-2278. I will share with you why this is a great or maybe the best place to be.

But I have questions also. Where is the independent greenie going to get the top contracts? No seasoned vet is going to train the greenie for nothing, "help me out" how is it going to work? My bet is that the seasoned vet is going to give you a lower contract, generating an override for himself or split the commission with you.

What is the matter with the compensation structure? The products are the same ones that everyone esle offers, so what is the deal, a 10% commission on life? Your commission can be negotiated if you are experienced. Everyone is experienced, so I don't need to explain.

David C give me a call I might can help.
The evidence of MLM is there but without the negatives.
You would not be working for an mlm company, you would work for yourself. If the organization does not have a product that fits you client you are independent, go find it.

Hmm..Where should I start with this one. What is the matter with the compensation structure? 55%, you have to be shittin me. That is rediculous. I have 5 agents that work for me and none of them have under a 90% contract from the start. They also get great training, why you may ask. Because I want them to be successful. I don't do splits I only make the spread between there contract and mine which most of the time is 10%. So don't give me this crap of oh where is a greenie gonna get training from a seasoned vet without taking a cut. 3 of those agents are less than 2yrs in the business and 2 of the 3 made over 6 figures and qualified for MDRT. Recruiting and not selling is a dangerous way to make your money because you are at the mercy of your downline, and one day the well WILL dry up.

I looks like a bad MLM deal to me. Why not try Mass Mutual, New York life or some company like that? I think you'll be far better off in the long run.

In one aspect this is true if you believe in their product. Let me say this, if you don't understand how a Mass Mutual, Guardian, NYL Products such as their UL or WL is cheaper then say a policy at half the cost from say Banner or Protective then you simply don't have the ability to sell for them, IMHO. Yet if you understand principle I just indicated then you are well on your way, and I would suggest going independent if you have any desire to do so or with one of the major mutuals, it doesn't matter, plenty of money either way.

I"m thankful to have read this thread. Several HBW people have contacted me. I will tread carefully. I think the point is, do the greenee's make a lot of money too! It's really up to the managers to help make that happen. Too many MLM's are based on "it's ALL ABOUT ME" and the average person never makes it.

I'm new to this industry and it still looks like HBW's commission structure is still better than what WFG or Primerica offers. If 55% is considered low starting %, what would be acceptable for a newly licensed agent?

Back