Hi Deductible Plan F vs Plan F, or other Med Supps

sounds like you’re saying the drug coverage under a mapd is different than a stand alone part d plan. But I’m sure you don’t mean it that way.

Often they are.

MAPD have "off the rack" drug coverage that may or may not be a good fit for the drug needs of the policyholder.

PDP is customized to the needs of the individual and may generate a lower Rx OOP vs a MAPD plan. On more than one occasion I have talked with people who have been told by their MAPD agent "all your drugs are covered" which is not the same as saying they are all on the formulary, or you have the lowest Rx copay's.

Often they are.

MAPD have "off the rack" drug coverage that may or may not be a good fit for the drug needs of the policyholder.

PDP is customized to the needs of the individual and may generate a lower Rx OOP vs a MAPD plan. On more than one occasion I have talked with people who have been told by their MAPD agent "all your drugs are covered" which is not the same as saying they are all on the formulary, or you have the lowest Rx copay's.
The MAPD commercials on T.V. more or less suggest that they cover EVERYTHING including dental and vision. I don't see how they can get away with it. It's so misleading.

I haven't been over all of the available Advantage plans however, you cannot ignore RX when outlining what the potential limits of liability are.

Likewise, any Sup requires choosing a Part D that may or may not be comparable with the RX under the Advantage. You can't asss/u/me.

Often they are.

Not what I meant. Read his first paragraph again. It almost sounds like he’s saying mapd have a moop so you don’t have to worry about Drug coverage as much.

Of course I know that Drug plans have different copays, deductibles etc. I’ve ran hundreds of medicare.gov quotes. This isn’t my first rodeo with medicare.

Btw, nearly all of the quotes I do on medicare.gov have lower monthly Drug cost for mapd than part D stand alone plans. It’s a rare day when part d plans are cheaper

I haven't been over all of the available Advantage plans however, you cannot ignore RX when outlining what the potential limits of liability are.

Likewise, any Sup requires choosing a Part D that may or may not be comparable with the RX under the Advantage. You can't asss/u/me.

I’m just wondering where mapd came in when you first mentioned it. This thread was about hdf vs plan F. He doesn’t need to compare mapd Drug coverage

My insurance plan is $280/month, and I have a 3K deductible. It sounds like at age 80, this guy's options for plans are better than what I have now. What a deal!

Although as I think about it, don't you need to include the Part B premium in your comparison?

I reread OP's 1st statement and had remembered that client was on advantage and considering a change to support instead of OP selling Advantage.

Interesting comments. A lot of agents don't like the idea of him having to pay the claims for the High Deductible F, when the worst case scenario, his annual cost would be less than his current Plan F premium, so he would not be worse off, and may even save a lot of money. He does have a bias towards his current company, so it may be difficult to try and switch him to a Plan N and cut his premium in half. If the agents on the forum don't think he would be comfortable with a High deductible Plan F, I doubt that most would recommend an MAPD to their prospects, since the MOOP is almost always $5,000-6,700 annually.

Back