Higher Risk Trucking Market?

I've come across some long haul trucking accounts I would like to write but are just a little sub-par for most admitted carriers for the primary liability. Guys like National Casualty, Northland. The underwriters wouldn't mind writing it but they can't get the rate they need with their filed rates. Most are currently with Progressive and have astronomical pricing.

Anyone deal with a wholesaler who might have access to a higher risk carrier? I've tried JM Wilson and Creative Underwriters with no luck.

I can write them with national indemnity if you have 10 or more power units. Possibly with Lexington. They both specialize in high risk transportation accounts. Lex has a 4 power unit minimum. If you want to send me a submission let me know I'll give you my email address. Both carriers need 7-10 days lead time.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

What state ? if you are in California, Crouse & Associates is the sole program administer for the Wesco/AmTrust long haul program. We took a dude from Unitrin that paid 20k per year on the cargo and liability and got him with Wesco for just over 15k. If you are not in California then I don't know...

Back