How are sales Dec 26th to Jan 1st?

(health insurance) accounted for about 25% of my income this year. Life accounted for about 10% and investment advising made up the other 65%

Let's see, Scott . . .

You made $6000 in the last 2 weeks in the senior market. Extrapolating that to a full year = $156,000

In the last 6 weeks you wrote $15,000 in health insurance premium. Thats $127,500 in annualized health premium at 20% or so = $25,500.

Same period wrote $2000 in life premium for $17,000 = $17,000 in life commission.

Ignoring the 412i & group, that means $198,500 is 35% of your income.

You da man!!

How do you have time to hang out with folks like us?

somarco said:
(health insurance) accounted for about 25% of my income this year. Life accounted for about 10% and investment advising made up the other 65%

Let's see, Scott . . .

You made $6000 in the last 2 weeks in the senior market. Extrapolating that to a full year = $156,000

In the last 6 weeks you wrote $15,000 in health insurance premium. Thats $127,500 in annualized health premium at 20% or so = $25,500.

Same period wrote $2000 in life premium for $17,000 = $17,000 in life commission.

Ignoring the 412i & group, that means $198,500 is 35% of your income.

You da man!!

How do you have time to hang out with folks like us?

If only I could do that all year. Open enrollment is only 6 weeks. And as I said, it was a GOOD 6 weeks. Didn't get 20% on the health. You know what BX pays here.

As for the senior market income, yes, over the last 6 weeks, I made about $18k on MA plans ($330 each), Med Supps (about $200 each) and Part D ($50-$55 each). Add that to the other cases I wrote and the trail & renewal income and it made for a GREAT 6 weeks.

It would be VERY nice to extrapolate the last 6 weeks out into the entire year. But I don't expect it to be nearly as hectic over the next 46 weeks. Hopefully you understood that the 35% on life and health was for the ENTIRE year. If you're curious, just ask.

Lastly, I consider it a privilege to hang out with people like you.

It looks like I'll have to add a couple of things to be more flexible. I've been looking and will do a couple of other insurance and debt related products in the first quarter of 07. It seems the rest is building a name and having enough old business to create more business. That can only come from time and experience. I have to say, you guys are impressive. I never expected those kinds of responses at all.

Merry Chirstmas

Flexibility is the key. What works today may not work next year or even next month.

Making a name for yourself, correction, making a positive name for yourself takes time & patience. You have to be willing to work just as hard for a $10 commission as you do a $1000 commission. People WILL notice and you will be rewarded.

Earlier this year I helped a family find coverage that saved them over $800/month. They were so greatful they referred me to 5 other people who also bought. That is 6 sales from one lead and over $4000 in commission.

You have to recommend what is best for the client regardless of what it does for your wallet. I also have received referrals from people that were told to keep what they have and not make a change. Every other agent was trying to get them to switch just so they could earn a commission while I told them what they had was better than anything in the market.

People remember that and you will get referrals.

Some folks call me back months after we talked about plans. One lady bought earlier this year. She called me over a year after we had last talked. She saved all the emails, all the notes, and called me because she was (finally) ready to buy.

Some come back after going somewhere else and buying from another agent. I picked up a few clients like that earlier. People who called me because the plan they bought didnt do what they thought it would. I showed them what they should have bought and still saved them several hundred dollars per month.

Make a positive impression, whether in person, on the phone or in written correspondence.

You WILL be rewarded.

Sometimes folks call about life insurance. Sometimes DI or LTC. Mostly it is about health insurance.

As Scott said, the health business opens doors and brings referrals.

I have had a good year and next year promises even more. It came with hard work, patience and a willingness to serve others without regard for my own bank account. Everytime you talk to someone you are sowing seeds. Some of them will never amount to anything while others will return a harvest.

somarco said:
You have to recommend what is best for the client regardless of what it does for your wallet.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I live by it. And as you said, it pays off in the long run.

Great last 6 weeks as well !!!

I really enjoy reading what everyone has to say on these boards -- even though i don't reply alot -- i don't have the time anymore -- out here in Wyoming -- there is no one here at all to say hey howd you do today? -- with all of the different companies that I work with -- I am still the only one --- so again I like to read the posts -- something to relate too!! also very motivating -- Im so glad this board is here ( Hi Scott and John !! )

Anyways -- i havent worked much the past 6 weeks honestly -- between my husbands surgeries that seem neverending -- and my daughter was just diagnosed with Crohns disease -- physical therapy etc etc...
damnit this year 2007 has to be better than 2006!!! i signed up as of today 46 pdps at $63 a piece with Advantra Rx and 41 pffs at $330 with Advantra Freedom, an add on to the pffs was a final expense policy to those 41 -- a $5000 policy -- different ages -- average commission was $300 to $350.

what i am so thankful for? --- i can sell the Advantra Freedom pffs for the whole year now --- i do it all over the phone along with the final expense policy -- thru Baltimore life ---- .... i am so glad that the law was passed!!!

i have looked at Senior Market Consultants -- i followed their same plan -- with selling the final expense with every pffs product... since the Pffs has no premium -- its harder to sell... now if you sell it for 35 to 40 a month and it also has a final expense benefit.. makes it much better... added value....
since i am going on and on... have you guys heard of the shp program? It is also by senior market sales -- its a discount plan but also has prescriptions via mail order included for 30 a month.. i havent sold any yet. but am seriously looking at it for the donut hole --- you can get a 3 month supply of lipitor for 85 dollars.. this also doesnt have to sell to seniors either... it can be anyone..
any thoughts??

okay its almost 10:00 on saturday night.. ha.. i guess this is what a mom does with a bunch of teenagers..
have you seen The Secret?
Have a Happy New Year everyone!!!

Mary
[email protected]

I spend the last two weeks goal setting, reading, thinking of new ways to market, and concentrating on hobbies.

Yes, I do send out quotes.

Yes, I did make some Medicare Advantage calls - made three appointments for next Wed-Thursday.

No, I don't stress about how much business I can squeeze in before January 1st.

I also spend alot of time with my kids - watching TV, doing puzzles, doing crosswords, etc. I'm sure that somewhere out there, some insurance agent is outdoing me in production the last two weeks of the year, but I doubt my kids really care about that.

I have a client that owns a Disc Jockey service, and I work for him the last two or three weekends of the year, doing company Xmas parties. Did one a few weeks ago for Ken's Fine Foods (Salad Dressing company), and last Friday night I did one for Network Communications (magazine publishing/advertising company). I get paid to play music (one of my hobbies), watch women in skimpy dresses, and eat catered food (they always tell me to partake along with them).

I also begin every other year reading my favorite book, Atlas Shrugged. Gets me in the right frame of mind for the new year. I'm not in to college football, so the Bowl Games mean nothing to me (I went to Devry - unless there's a Dungeons and Dragons playoff, I'm not interested). I'm a Washington Redskin fan, so my year ends the end of December.

When we lived in an apartment, several years ago, there was a lady who lived across the parking lot from us, who kept her Christmas lights on her porch railing all year long. I asked her one time why she did that. She told me it kept her in the spirit of the season all year 'round. That's the way I've lived my life ever since. There's a reason there is down time in our business. It's a sign that we need to step back, recharge our batteries, and then move forward.

Some mottos I live by, that I'd like to share:

"He who thinks he is indispensible, is quickly unemployable." - David Scott

"Use wisely your power of choice." - Neal Boortz

"Better to walk a mile in another man's shoes. That way, when he comes to chase you, you've got a hefty lead." - Mike Rose

"I don't look up to people, I look into them." - Dan Fogelberg

"The future's never coming, and the past has never been." - Dan Fogelberg from In the Passage off the Innocent Age Album.

"Don't waste time telling others your troubles. 80% don't care, and 20% thank God it's not their problems." - Tommy LaSorda

Happy New Year to everyone.

Nice quotes Bob.

I am reminded of an old Jack Handy line.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away.........and you have their shoes"

All I know is it's full steam ahead tomorrow. But today it's the Sunday crossword, the honeydo list and Red Lobster for dinner. Hopefully if we show up at 6pm it'll only be an hour wait.

Back