How Come There Is No Discussion About The First Meeting

frappesos

Hi everyone,

I was wondering< there is so much discussion about marketing and cold calling but really no discussions about the first appointment.

i would love the opportunity to see some replies with how you conduct the first meeting, what do you say to get the client to go through the entire fact finding process for financial services or life insurance

Thanks and lookng forward to your thoughts;););)

Hi,

I am by no means experienced with this in my short time being an insurance agent. With that said I have had success with the method I was taught and currently do.

When I am cold calling I actually collect their info right on the phone. It takes me less than 5 mins to get everything. From there I run the quote and mail it out to them. After 3 days I give them a call and go over their quote and see if I could set an appointment to sign the paperwork.

By doing it this way I am using less gas, wasting less of their time and getting more quotes. Now I know the down side is that I don't get more of a personal relationship with my clients but I make up for that with service calls.

I should also mention that I do P&C so this might not work for other types of insurance. If anyone has tips on how to be more efficient I would be happy to listen and learn.

I'm not an insurance agent, but one of those scum sucking lawyers you all like to bash on.

For me, the first meeting is the most important when taking on a client, it's vital to sit and listen to the clients for a couple reasons.

First thing is you're trying to get a feel for the client, how they think, how they talk, what they're looking for, what they really want to do.

Second, everyone likes to be listened to, and in my experience, listening is one of the quickest ways to develop a personal relationship with someone. You get a feel for any commonalities you may have with the client and are quicker able to develop a personal relationship. By developing the personal relationship, you become a friend, and clients are more willing to refer a friend to you in the future.

After listening to them and what they think they need to do, you can ask your questions and figure out what really needs to be done.

By taking the extra time though, you greatly increase the referral rate.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not an insurance agent, but one of those scum sucking lawyers you all like to bash on.

For me, the first meeting is the most important when taking on a client, it's vital to sit and listen to the clients for a couple reasons.

First thing is you're trying to get a feel for the client, how they think, how they talk, what they're looking for, what they really want to do.

Second, everyone likes to be listened to, and in my experience, listening is one of the quickest ways to develop a personal relationship with someone. You get a feel for any commonalities you may have with the client and are quicker able to develop a personal relationship. By developing the personal relationship, you become a friend, and clients are more willing to refer a friend to you in the future.

After listening to them and what they think they need to do, you can ask your questions and figure out what really needs to be done.

By taking the extra time though, you greatly increase the referral rate.

Just my thoughts.

And chargeable minutes? :yes:

Wow. No, I don't operate that way. Before I can charge anything I have to know what has to be done, so the first meeting is free.

If you're getting charged for the first meeting, you ought to seek a different lawyer.

Wow. No, I don't operate that way. Before I can charge anything I have to know what has to be done, so the first meeting is free.

If you're getting charged for the first meeting, you ought to seek a different lawyer.

But if you can keep them talking at that second meeting, it is all good right? Or if they call in, just let them ramble on while the clock runs?;)

Just giving you some lawyer grief.:idea:

What is the difference between a Lawyer and a 900 Hot line? About $200 an hour. Cha boom!

Sorry, could not help myself. Welcome to the forum by the way. Having an attorney here could be of help.

Just giving you some lawyer grief.:idea:

What is the difference between a Lawyer and a 900 Hot line? About $200 an hour. Cha boom!

Sorry, could not help myself. Welcome to the forum by the way. Having an attorney here could be of help.

Still have those charges pending? :skeptical:

Back