How Do I Appeal a Denied License?

sanantonio

I was denied my P&C license because of my criminal background I have a theft charge and assault charge from 2002. Please don't judge, I was young and stupid. Both charges are misdemeanors I'm older a mother now and trying to do positive things with myself now. I am currently working for a broker and a co-worker here has 2 theft by check charges from 2007 she was issued a P&C license without having to appeal. I'm considering hiring an attorney, I'm not sure what type though. ANY ADVICE???

I was denied my P&C license because of my criminal background I have a theft charge and assault charge from 2002. Please don't judge, I was young and stupid. Both charges are misdemeanors I'm older a mother now and trying to do positive things with myself now. I am currently working for a broker and a co-worker here has 2 theft by check charges from 2007 she was issued a P&C license without having to appeal. I'm considering hiring an attorney, I'm not sure what type though. ANY ADVICE???

Contact the DOI and find out why they declined you. Maybe you can appeal.

I am sure you understand the concern with any theft or lack of morals type charge.....maybe you should also speak with your broker it sounds like he has experience hiring people with this type of background.

I'm considering hiring an attorney, I'm not sure what type though. ANY ADVICE???

The advice would be to hire an attorney.

You can appeal the denial by the Bureau of Insurance but it is at their discretion. They are empowered to grant a waiver or not.

However, if you were young enough and one-time stupid enough and have enough good things to say about your present circumstances and have had no other offenses then you should try to have your record expunged. And if it is expunged then- in most states- there is no longer a legal requirement that it be disclosed after that. The lawyer just files a petition with the court and you go in and talk it over with the judge. Sometimes even in chambers rather than open court.

Back