How Do I Open a New P&C AGENCY in NJ

joshgoldi

Hello ,
What do I need to do in order to open my own agency? step by step. DO the agency also need to be license?

Hello ,
What do I need to do in order to open my own agency? step by step. DO the agency also need to be license?

You have a long way to go....

Search around on this forum. There is plenty of info to be had.

My suggestion? Don't do it. It's basically impossible to start an agency from scratch these days. Try buying one.

Hello , What do I need to do in order to open my own agency? step by step. DO the agency also need to be license?
Uhm... If that is your first question, I recommend working for a small independent agency for a few years.

I started my agency from scratch and am doing great, however, I had a lot of experience.

Hello , What do I need to do in order to open my own agency? step by step. DO the agency also need to be license?

NJ is a tough market. On personal lines it's ruled by GEICO, LM, & NJ manufactures all of which you can't as an Indy. Commercial you may be ok but you'll be submitting business through wholesalers for a while before you can get your own direct carrier and that will be a pain as well. Not trying to sound negative but it's just one of the hardest states to write in.

Where in NJ?

Back