How do insurance agents/brokers get qualified leads?

Jun 17, 2019

1. Shaun_P

Shaun_P New Member

State:
    California
    Fair Enough I didn't realise it varied that much.
    Here's what I would like to have figured out:

Generally - Is it worth going into this field for online marketing services? (too vague I know... hence....)
    Specifically - Are there at least 1000 insurance brokers (any type) in California that make 2000$ per client (lifetime, not per year) - For at least 4 new clients a year?

I know that there's no way I can get an exact answer to this above question. That's why I'm trying to get indicative answers. Or even some insight into how I might be able to figure this out. Would appreciate any insights. Thanks

Shaun_P, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    You might want to look at your philosophy of this business a bit differently than I think you currently are. You have to look at it in the long haul. This isn't the business to get in make a quick buck and out.

The learning curve can be short, but for most it is a bit longer unless your tethered to a good mentor... who cares about you for the long term.

3. Shaun_P

Shaun_P New Member

State:
    California
    That's fair enough. I clearly don't know enough about this, hence my questions.
    I'm not looking to be a broker. My current expertise is in online marketing and sales. I'm looking to sell those services to brokers/agents as opposed to being one myself. Trying to assess this market.

Specifically - Are there at least 1000 insurance brokers (any type) in California that make 2000$ per client (lifetime, not per year) - For at least 4 new clients a year?

I know that there's no way I can get an exact answer to this above question. That's why I'm trying to get indicative answers. Or even some insight into how I might be able to figure this out. Would appreciate any insights. Thanks

Shaun_P, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    $200 per month premium on a client for some sort of life product X 12 months X 100% commission first first year = $2400. If you carry a higher commission you need less premium dollar to get you to that point.

The rub comes in when attempting to get a clients to fork over $200 a month... on a regular basis.

Remember the numbers are the numbers... but they are still only numbers... it takes people (clients) to make the numbers work.

5. Shaun_P

Shaun_P New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks, that's super-useful. So the question now I suppose is if getting a client to fork out 200$/month quite rare?

Given how many life insurance companies there (and that's life alone), it seems very likely to me that there must be at least 1000 senior brokers/agents in California that can get at least 4 clients a year to spend 200/month on insurance? Especially if you consider all insurance types, not life alone?

What do you think?

Shaun_P, Jul 1, 2019