How Do You Guys Keep It All Together?

mobilesalesman

Quick question... I have been going back and fourth with the question should I use dropbox and keep a digital file cabinet or keep using manilla folders for all my client paperwork?

My only concern with the digital side is that when I go on appointments how do I bring their file along with me? I dont know if it really is necessary to bring copies of old policies and beneficiary changes but hey you never know.

Any suggestions or insight on what has been working to keep you guys organized and not overwhelmed with papers would be greatly appreciated.

We use salesforce CRM,as well as a service called net documents for secure data storage. Each account has their own net documents on their "page". If I need to go over something with them I either print it out again or pull it up on my ipad.

I use Dropbox for things like company forms, apps, etc. And use Box.net for client app backups and anything having to do with the sale. Of these two I think only Box is HIPAA compliant. I also use Google Drive and Sugarsync for other things like photo backups. All are accessible from my Android. All are free. Cool, huh? :yes:

So are most agents going paperless or are the "old school" guys not commenting? What do you guys bring to client meetings at their home if everything is paperless and you don't have a Manila folder anymore?

So are most agents going paperless or are the "old school" guys not commenting? What do you guys bring to client meetings at their home if everything is paperless and you don't have a Manila folder anymore?

A paper folder with pages up to 25+ years old. Some on thermal paper. And a tablet tethered to my cell.

Don't you feel like the paper becomes overwhelming? How do you organize your files of clients you are currently working with or prospects?

That is my biggest problem at the moment. I have more than enough people to quote and talk to. Four four drawer file cabinets full of client files. We use Radius which works great but we just have not converted every thing over yet. Probably 20 active files on my desk top.

Plan on taking a couple weeks off during the Christmas season and start scanning. But I have planned that every year for the last several years.:skeptical:

Back