How does an S- Corp work?

InsurancePimp_

Super Genius
I want to sign up with my S-Corp and not my social security to do Medicare and health insurance.

but I was told I have to do an extra step. I already have an S Corp, but how do I go about getting paid under my s Corp and not my Social?

I want to sign up with my S-Corp and not my social security to do Medicare and health insurance.

but I was told I have to do an extra step. I already have an S Corp, but how do I go about getting paid under my s Corp and not my Social?

Yes, get the S-Corp licensed as an Agency (a Business Entity license)

You will be the "designated licensed agent" -- i.e. the "person" who has a license responsible for the "corporation's" activity

Then when you contract with carriers - request a dual contract. You and the S-Corp get contracted, and assign comp to the S-Corp - and the W9 is in the FEIN.

Some states will require both non-res licenses if you go outside of your state - some won't.

Yes, get the S-Corp licensed as an Agency (a Business Entity license)

You will be the "designated licensed agent" -- i.e. the "person" who has a license responsible for the "corporation's" activity

Then when you contract with carriers - request a dual contract. You and the S-Corp get contracted, and assign comp to the S-Corp - and the W9 is in the FEIN.

Some states will require both non-res licenses if you go outside of your state - some won't.

Also always ask the carrier - "which writing number do I use" it's strange I have some I use the corp's, others I use the agent's.

Are you taking a salary or dividends out of the s corp? So you can control your w-2 or 1099 to yourself. Does the scorp get a 1099 from the ins carrier ? I know a straight line corp doesn’t .Run a ton of exp’s threw the corp and leave money in their . Thats how a ton of people get zero cost aca as they personally show little income .

Are you taking a salary or dividends out of the s corp? So you can control your w-2 or 1099 to yourself. Does the scorp get a 1099 from the ins carrier ? I know a straight line corp doesn’t .Run a ton of exp’s threw the corp and leave money in their . Thats how a ton of people get zero cost aca as they personally show little income .

S-corp is pass through so the income will show... you can't "leave the money" in there.

Yes, I get a W2 - I have a salary. I also take distributions above and beyond the salary.

You can lower income with a solo 401k - I started that in 2020. Employee can contribute around 19k AND employer can contribute 25% of W2 up to a certain ceiling - it's not too hard to "defer" quite a bit of money. Obviously, consult tax people I'm just a dude on a forum... lol.

So you can control your w-2 or 1099 to yourself.

To clarify this question: Yes, you determine your salary (w2) but it needs to be "reasonable."

You also determine your Distributions - that's the fun part.

No, the S-Corp does not 1099 you - you're an employee...

But as the owner of the S-Corp you get a K1.

So are you getting a 1099 from the insurance CO’s yearly in the s Corp name ? The only advantage I can see with a s Corp is you can take a lot if your money out in dividends which is a lower tax rate and no ss taxes . Let’s say you made $300 k in 2021 . Your exp ‘s were $120 k and your w-2 salary $50 k . That’s leaves $130 k left in the S Corp for the yr . Do you have to take a $130 k dividend out for that yr ? You said you can’t “ leave” money in it .

Back