How Does Time/Fortis/Assurant/Time Do It?

Assurant's HSA is $100 more then GR's for families on average. Fine - off to the GR HSA. However, in cases when GR will decline it's off to Assurant for me - in cases when GR riders a condition and my client chooses the higher Assurant rate it's Assurant.

I don't have Word, Humana, etc...in MD - Aetna's rates are worse than Assurant's here. I have Coventry which limits RX and doesn't take pre-ex - accept/reject only. I have the Blues with a $500 drug cap.

I just got setup with Assurant in Colorado, and their rates seem to be pretty high too.

I've seen the posts on how bad the SaveRight HSA is with them, but I need some clarification on it, if anyone has some time here or over the phone. I've got someone enthusiastically telling me how great it is, but the forum seems to think otherwise.

Anyone ever heard of Standard Life & Accident?
I've got a contract to write for them, and they only have catastrophic coverage. Their HSA does not have outpatient treatment unless needed for a covered hospital stay, and given by a hospital clinic. So, as I see it, the SaveRight is a step up from that, giving limited outpatient treatment & Rx.
Then you can step right on up to a fully covered HSA product if someone wants that.

I haven't been able to get a specimen contract for the SaveRight yet to actually read through, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

Assurant's HSA is $100 more then GR's for families on average. Fine - off to the GR HSA. However, in cases when GR will decline it's off to Assurant for me - in cases when GR riders a condition and my client chooses the higher Assurant rate it's Assurant.

I don't have Word, Humana, etc...in MD - Aetna's rates are worse than Assurant's here. I have Coventry which limits RX and doesn't take pre-ex - accept/reject only. I have the Blues with a $500 drug cap.

Yes, this is a tough deal when there are limited carriers, John.

I guess here in FL we're lucky..we have; Aetna, Assurant, Avalon, AvMed, Blue, Celtic, Golden Rule, GTL, World, Humana et. al. available.

Got a call from Coventry recently. As a "leading producer" (that and a $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee) they wanted my "input" as they plan on rolling out here third quarter...

I asked them what unique prop they offer that's not available now...

They were stumped. More rocket scientists in the HO.

I've seen the posts on how bad the SaveRight HSA is with them, but I need some clarification on it, if anyone has some time here or over the phone. I've got someone enthusiastically telling me how great it is, but the forum seems to think otherwise.

What was the person enthusiastic about specifically and what is his or her experience and background? Unless you provide details it's impossible to say ya or nay w/out rehashing things you've already heard.

You can take the One Deductible plan and compare that to the SaveRight HSA by a side by side comparison. Caps on Outpatient therapy, ambulance, physical therapy, cancer and medication come to mind off the top of my head.

I'll bet it's available on their website (even state-specific). Did you look?

I have looked on the website, & they have other specimen contracts, but not the SaveRight.

Caps on Outpatient therapy, ambulance, physical therapy, cancer and medication come to mind off the top of my head.

The cancer treatment is the only one I was unaware of. This individual is claiming the SaveRight to be
"everything an HSA is supposed to be - a catastrophic plan designed to cover your hospitalizations & surgeries. Healthy people don't need Rx & Outpatient therapy often, maybe once every 10 yrs, & that's what the HSA account is there for."

As for the cancer, he also indicated that cancer treatment is covered on the policy & the outpatient limitation is simply for things like x-rays, diagnostic testing, etc...

Not true?...

This agent has 20 yrs in health insurance, and is telling me that there are better plans available, but that for the price, this is one of the best plans on the market. He has said that selling insurance is providing a solution for whatever the client may need, and sometimes that is price. If someone can only afford a limited plan, sell them the plan they can afford.

He is not getting overrides on me, but he is on others, so I can't help but wonder about his motives on selling this plan.

I have seen agents write that they'd turn a client away rather than sell them a SaveRight or RightStart plan. I get the RightStart - it is an extended version of the UA FlexGuard. But the SaveRight seems to be just a very catastrophic HSA from the brochure I have, which is why I am asking for opinions on it.

I met with the North TX regional sales Manager with Assurant a while back and I ran quotes on my family with Assurant, Aetna and Unicare before our meeting. I showed him the quotes and then told him to sell me on Assurant. When I showed him the quotes he was in shock. He said he didnt realize they where that far off on premiums. Needless to say he did not have an answer for me on how I was supposed to sell their plans, other than offering the 24 and 36 month guaranties.

In Dallas the Max plan is around twice the price of BCBS (With or without Doctor co-pays.

Caps on Outpatient therapy, ambulance, physical therapy, cancer and medication come to mind off the top of my head.

The cancer treatment is the only one I was unaware of. This individual is claiming the SaveRight to be
"everything an HSA is supposed to be - a catastrophic plan designed to cover your hospitalizations & surgeries. Healthy people don't need Rx & Outpatient therapy often, maybe once every 10 yrs, & that's what the HSA account is there for."

As for the cancer, he also indicated that cancer treatment is covered on the policy & the outpatient limitation is simply for things like x-rays, diagnostic testing, etc...

Not true?...

This agent has 20 yrs in health insurance, and is telling me that there are better plans available, but that for the price, this is one of the best plans on the market. He has said that selling insurance is providing a solution for whatever the client may need, and sometimes that is price. If someone can only afford a limited plan, sell them the plan they can afford.

What does "catastrophic" mean? If someone needs $3,200 per treatment outpatient chemo...that's not "catastrophic"? It is after 8 treatments when you're tapped on your benefit...

"Healthy people only use outpatient therapy every ten years?" Great if they're right, but what if they're wrong? The guy could have been in the biz for 100 years - it doesn't matter. Some people won't do the right job, they'll take the easy way out on price resistance.

Better solution, if price is that big an issue; give 'em the full coverage, no inside caps "One Deductible HSA" with a higher deductible.

Presto.

You wont be able to get a specimen contract for Right Start or Save Right. Time refuses to publish one on their site. I have has the RSD for one. He keeps telling me it will be available once it is updated.

Been telling me that for over a year.

Go to my Time site and run a quote. You can pull up a side by side comparison there.

The Save Right HSA has the following limits.

OP max $15 or $25k

Rx limited to $2K

Ambulance limited to $1k

Is this the kind of plan you would sell your mother?

Back