How Does Time/Fortis/Assurant/Time Do It?

Basic Health is a guaranteed issue, indemnity product product. So yes, you are missing something.

No throw down at all - just didn't think Bob endorsed any product that would result in a BK if used. Guaranteed issue or not - anyone has a major claim on that I'm guessing Bob has legal liability.

I have the product for anyone who cannot qualify for major med. Believe I have sold 2 of them in the last 3 years.

BFD.

One of these days more states will adopt MD's MHIP and you won't have to mess with junk like that. Everyone deserves solid coverage - especially uninsurable people.

I have the product for anyone who cannot qualify for major med. Believe I have sold 2 of them in the last 3 years.

BFD.

Do you use this because Georgia doesn't have state guaranteed issue pool?

What are the typical prices clients pay for SAID?

eProdigy
:GEEK:

No risk pool.

UA, Mega, Midwest National, all the AIG stuff and a few others that write indemnity plans.

HIPAA conversion, but prices are thru the roof.

I have seen agents write that they'd turn a client away rather than sell them a SaveRight or RightStart plan. I get the RightStart - it is an extended version of the UA FlexGuard. But the SaveRight seems to be just a very catastrophic HSA from the brochure I have, which is why I am asking for opinions on it.

I LOVE the One deductible and currently have that plan myself. Having said that, if you sell on price you're going to lose unless you know how to build up value. Google some cancer drugs and treatment and then you'll see the potential what-if scenarios and what they cost.

Paul already brought up the what-ifs and I concur with his thoughts. I sold one SaveRight HSA to a client last year, but that was not until we compared that plan with the One Deductible and THEN the client decided what to do after we had a long discussion. The only time I ran up against the limited plans on a consistent basis was when I was working internet leads. I do not show any of the limited plans when I dealing with other marketing sources.

I'll NEVER sell a plan that worsens somebody's current situation. That is where I draw a line. Having a limited plan is better than not having one at all, I just don't make a habit out of selling them because I would like all my clients to have the best of the best for their situation. Some just cannot afford the best.

Back