How far back would UHC/AARP refund Medicare supp premium with “double coverage”?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Weird situation. I signed a “nice” woman with Plan G back in August 2022. Fast forward- I’m looking up my Med Supp ppl to talk about Part D. When I looked her up in Marx, I discovered that she cockroached herself into a UHC CSNP PPO as of 1-1-23 to the present.
She is STILL paying Med Supp premium!
I’m not sure what happened, but how far back would a carrier refund her for all of the paid premiums? She has already paid $1,200 in premiums for a Supp that won’t supplement her.

Weird situation. I signed a “nice” woman with Plan G back in August 2022. Fast forward- I’m looking up my Med Supp ppl to talk about Part D. When I looked her up in Marx, I discovered that she cockroached herself into a UHC CSNP PPO as of 1-1-23 to the present.
I’m not sure what happened, but how far back would a carrier refund her for all of the paid premiums? She has already paid $1,200 in premiums for a Supp that won’t supplement her.
I would say she is $hit outta luck

I was selling a Final Expense policy to a lady and discovered that she had a United Healthcare Med Sup AND a United Healthcare Advantage Plan and had both for at least 3-years. She was very elderly and couldn’t follow much detail. She didn’t understand that a Med Sup doesn’t give you any extra coverage when on Advantage.
So we call UHC and I start out doing the talking on speaker phone. As soon as I explain the problem they start treating me like the enemy. Made me take it off speaker phone and would only talk to her. They basically convinced her to keep both and not cancel anything.
Funny thing was right when we get off the phone another agent shows up that had a Medicare appointment with her. I explained what she had and said she’s all yours.

it may vary by state, but in Florida, the carrier would be required to refund all the premiums. I've seen it happen before

Had this happen a year ago.

Was a pain in the rear. Even after the guy called to cancel, they kept drafting. They simply would not cancel without proof of current coverage and a written letter Months later, they only refunded 2 months out of if I remember correctly 4 months.

Please explain the "nice" adjective. I don't understand the hidden meaning.

“Fake”- she swore up and
Had this happen a year ago.

Was a pain in the rear. Even after the guy called to cancel, they kept drafting. They simply would not cancel without proof of current coverage and a written letter Months later, they only refunded 2 months out of if I remember correctly 4 months.

Which carrier?

“Fake”- she swore up and

Which carrier?
AARP/UHC

Sent the letter to here: AARP Medicare Supplement Plans/United Health Care
Billing Dept.
P.O. Box 105331-9535
Atlanta, Georgia

Also, faxed it here: FAX# 1-888-836-3985 Now i remember what was most irritating...they wouldn't take a scan and email...basically demanded fax and written letter. They got what they asked for and did refund.

Sent in current plan ID card copy, and his supposed to be cancelled plan ID# asked for refund back to the date his new plan started.

I just pulled the file, I always have paper trails.... it was only two months, and he did get it all back. Wasn't 4.

Back