How hard do you find it to cross-sell life?

I try to do as much question based selling as I can. Some say it's cheesy but it does work. When closing a homeowner policy I may ask, "I'm curious Mr. & Mrs. Smith, did you use both your incomes to qualify for your new home? Have you ever thought about how you would pay the mortgage if something happened to one of you?" Throw down quotes are great to.

And now, I leave myself open for chastisement.

It really is as easy as talking to your clients. The more you talk about cross selling the more comfortable it becomes to you. If you approach it in a manner that you are only seeking to help and protect your clients they won't mind you inquiring. When auto clients call to get a windshield replaced or change vehicles I always talk about their family, job, kids or whatever. It's about building relationships. Along the way I find a way to ask about the life insurance. arizona car insurance

I think that the first thing you need to do is to get a strong belief in the product. Without that you are just pushing a product.

I strongly believe in the importance of life insurance, and so I feel it is my duty to ensure that every client is give the oppurtunity to have their bliders opened by me so they can at least have a chance to make an educated decision.

I like whay Troy K. said to do. Ask them if they have Insurance, and normally they will tell you they have it at work. Then ask them how much, after that don't say anything.

Allow that unconfortable pause to occur after they tell you the amount. More often than not we talk ourselves out of a sale.

I tried this for the first time last week. I paused and a moment later the client asked me..... do you think that is enough, and he basically scheduled the appointment for me.

Once you get the appointment, and are sitting in your clients living room, the life sale is 80% taken care of.

NWInsurance,

Do you know Troy K. personally? Are you located in the Central Valley in California? I assume you're talking about Troy Korsgaden. He owns a Farmers insurance here in Visalia, CA. He's probably one of the biggest Farmers producers in the nation according to him and his people.

Just curious.

Joseph

Hey folks, I sell mainly health/life, but I'm also P&C licensed and I'm leaving alot of money on the table. Can anyone direct me to a good P&C brokerage who has good plans for home, auto, business that I could cross sell with?

Cross selling life is good for client's and it's good for retention. I just need to try to offer it to every client.

Back