How is the $2000 MOOP calculated?

That's about it. I think UHC is the only one who got it right. They explained it like this--- They base the MOOP on the standard coinsurance of 25% or something like that. Take a tier 3 drug. If it's $47/month copay, but 25% of the retail cost of the drug is more like $100 they'll credit the $100 toward the MOOP. So some people will pay 2K and reach the MOOP and some will pay far less. According to Sunfire calculations, I have a lady and her husband who will hit the MOOP in October and neither one of them will pay more than 8 or 900 for the year.

All the other companies I went to training said it was actual MOOP. I haven't look on medicare.gov to see what they say.

just show the customer the print out from drug cost calculator you use (S&S, Medicare .gov etc..), walk them through it, and let the print out do the math for you.

Cool, that's your prerogative. No skin off my ass.
Caveat, not a software engineer.

The dude is insufferable. I think he has a daily quota for the number of vacant replies he must publish every day. He’s like the beta version of ChatGPT, before they discovered how to make it valuable.

That's about it. I think UHC is the only one who got it right. They explained it like this--- They base the MOOP on the standard coinsurance of 25% or something like that. Take a tier 3 drug. If it's $47/month copay, but 25% of the retail cost of the drug is more like $100 they'll credit the $100 toward the MOOP. So some people will pay 2K and reach the MOOP and some will pay far less. According to Sunfire calculations, I have a lady and her husband who will hit the MOOP in October and neither one of them will pay more than 8 or 900 for the year.

All the other companies I went to training said it was actual MOOP. I haven't look on medicare.gov to see what they say.
It's a little more complicated than that. The recording of that webinar Millwood mentioned is here. There are some really good visuals that explain it in detail

Caveat, not a software engineer.

The dude is insufferable. I think he has a daily quota for the number of vacant replies he must publish every day. He’s like the beta version of ChatGPT, before they discovered how to make it valuable.
Caveat, I beat up software engineers.

Be careful Toto. He's in Kansas.

He's liable to drop an entire house on your ass.

Back