How is the $2000 MOOP calculated?

So what determines if a mapd rx part is enchanced or standard? Is enchanced if you have $ copays and standard if you have % copays ? The enchanced example your using is a $255 deductible plan?
Chiming in here, as a non-agent.

A plan can do things like that, and be an alternative plan,but not necessarily enhanced alternative.

These plan designs can include things like if a plan charges less than full deductible, has non-standard cost-sharing, has coverage in the gap, uses preferred pharmacies with a tiered stucture, has a broader formulary. The "enhanced alternative" plan increases the plans actuarial value above the Defined Standard benefit. The other alternative plans are actuarially equivalent.

This page explains all the different alternative plans. Quite a few! And it gets damned complicated. The page also explains how some plans are fully LIS and others are not. (So, Wellcare Classic has worse benefits like a full deductible and a higher premium than Value Script, so you'd wonder why anyone would pick it, but it's designed for dual eligibles and has $0 premium with LIS, along with reduced cost sharing if LIS-eligible.)

There are fewer LIS plans than there used to be, I guess because more plans are using enhanced alternative designs.

Perhaps with all alternative plans, the progress towards Max OOP max is the way Jim explained it above, even if the plan isn't "enhanced."

[EXTERNAL LINK] - What are the Medicare Part D abbreviations: EA BA DS AE in the plan benefit type?

Who's not getting paid, dude this is a bigger deal on mapd than pdp, and if your thinking your Wellcare members will stick with them hold on the anoc just hit and I got 3 calls today from pissed off people, guess what meds not covered on the slimmed down formulary let the fun begin
They received their ANOC already???? Wow.
And what drug are you referring to that isn’t on the formulary?
I'm more curious to find out if people taking 4 or 5 $1000+ drugs will even be able to a formulary that covers them all. Bet that gets fun.
At the Aetna rollout that I attended, one of the slides during the presentation stated that the Silverscript Choice PDP had “over 1400” drugs on the formulary!! Most drug plans have between 3,000 and 4,000 drugs that they covered. I was sure this had to be a mistake! I questioned the “expert” that was giving the presentation. She couldn’t confirm if that number was correct or not. I still don’t know as of yet. 1,400 is very, very low .

Latest posts

Back