How long for geico to pay my total loss. Been 2 months

sadly, it is part of most industries now. TV commercials show immediate call pickup, spotless service, all happy clients. Insurance ads show people waiting to talk to you 24-7, all bizarre claims paid & within in minutes.

however, to chase the mantra of cheaper is better, the customer service of most industries is really poor & more common to be handled by chat bots on websites. cell companies, internet, utilities, investment companies, banks, retail & of course insurance. it is the new normal of advertising pure bliss regardless of reality

Likely right. The problem in the insurance claims is that the problem gets much, much worse by ignoring the call or email. If you are a front line participant in a claim and you can't get an answer, people start getting really angry. The claims person or adjuster hides behind the phone. Plus, its getting way worse as insurers direct their teams to get cheaper and cheaper and cheaper with their resolutions and customers begin to be educated on the trick.

Has anyone experienced this with geico? I don’t understand what the problem or delay is. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to go forward? Am I perhaps rushing this situation?

Two months is inexcusable, even with the holidays. It may also be a violation of NY's Unfair Claim Settlement Practices law:

New York Insurance Law Section 2601 - Unfair Claim Settlement Practices; Penalties - 2016 - Laws of New York

File a complaint with the insurance department. Also start writing to corporate reminding them of the statute. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Bill Roberts is Pres/CEO. Possible email is [email protected]
Shane Wheeler is VP Claims. Possible email address is [email protected]

1 GEICO Plaza
Washington, DC 20076

or 5260 Western Ave, Chevy Chase, MD 20815

I suggest starting with an email to Shane Wheeler and see if you get a response within a few days. Follow up with a letter.

@fed up @Allen Trent @Change Request @RichardCO @Allen Trent @adjusterjack

Appreciate all the feedback from you guys.

Just to update you guys - called this Tuesday and left a message to the adjuster.

Wednesday night - the adjuster updated the claim (never called back) by sending the adjusted value settlement letter. I called again today to see how to go forward but of course, no answer. Left a voicemail on how to proceed but I didn't plan to rely on him.

I called the Geico Salvage Team and spoke with a rep which was able to take care of all the needed material because the adjuster completed whatever it was on his end. Sending in my title today along with a couple other paperwork and that should end this after a painful two months. Whats funny is that the reports I received today have dates listed as to when they were completed. The reports were all completed in late November but basically took 2 months to, I'm assuming, get approved and send to me.

@adjusterjack - I like the idea of emailing these executives and they will certainly get my feedback of this experience.

Nybdm. When did you finally get your claim finalized, my husband was hit almost a month ago and we were told 2 weeks ago the car was a total loss. We have no lien holder but because of the value we had to wait for the adjusters manager to approve. Now we're being told a director needs to approve the claim

Nybdm. When did you finally get your claim finalized, my husband was hit almost a month ago and we were told 2 weeks ago the car was a total loss. We have no lien holder but because of the value we had to wait for the adjusters manager to approve. Now we're being told a director needs to approve the claim
Most carriers have all departments working remotely right now. You have that, plus holiday, plus summer vacations, and many carriers are also in the process of laying people off. 2 weeks is not a long time but a Claims rep should be able to give you an approximate date to settle the claim

I definitely understand working from home, I'm currently doing the same in my HR role. The accident was Aug. 3rd and its been radio silence other then when we call them. I would love an estimated date but all were getting is this person has to approve it, now this person to now a director and we don't know when that's going to happen. I think my biggest issue has been lack of communication from them

I definitely understand working from home, I'm currently doing the same in my HR role. The accident was Aug. 3rd and its been radio silence other then when we call them. I would love an estimated date but all were getting is this person has to approve it, now this person to now a director and we don't know when that's going to happen. I think my biggest issue has been lack of communication from them

that does seem a little long for sure. Maybe there were some circumstances they are investigating further about the claim. are any of the circumstances suspicious about the accident or who was driving?

Back