How Long for the State (CA) to Process My License? (L A&H)

First, put down on paper all of the details of what, when, and the problem.

Contact the office of your state Assembly or Senate rep, ask for the person who does "constituent service" and give him/her all the details, offer to send them by email, and ask them to please help you.

Often a call from the office of an elected official to the DOI can grease the wheels.

I'll bet if you do the above you will have a license number in 48 hours... or at least a good reason why there is such a delay.

It can't hurt to try. Just be polite and ASK... don't demand. These staff people are usually young, not highly paid, and are often swamped. Be nice. Begging works too. Most likely the last person they spoke to growled at them. You be the one the "like" and "want" to help.

I live in Sacramento and I know a lot of low-level legislative staff people. A little humility will go a long way with these folks as they are so used to being abused by angry constituents as well as arrogant lobbyists.

Something to consider is while your waiting you might want to take the initial Annuity and Long Term care course if you are going to sell those products. The partnership LTC course is a separate course which is taken in a classroom setting.

Online courses: Initial LTC and Annuity.

WebCE.com | Insurance Continuing Education (CE)

LTC Partnership training:
http://www.ltcce.com/page.cfm?PageID=119&CategoryID=3

I would double check but I think you can still take the courses even though your license has not been issued yet. Of course make sure you print out and save the certificates.

I think you need to enter your license number when you enroll so they can process the credit to your license when you complete it.

On top of that, if you complete it before the license is issued, it may end up getting credited on the wrong side of the renewal date. I don't remember if the license is issued on the day you met all requirements or the day they actually issue it. Mine was about 3 days apart, but they still moved the renewal out to the end of the month.

Now, doing these just to better understand the products is very worth while.

Dan

It took me three weeks to get my license issued. The same for two other new agents in my office.

Yes, you do need your license number to take the LTC and Annuities CE courses.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice.

I waited on hold for over an hour and finally talked to someone.. turns out I MADE A MISTAKE ON MY APP by putting my birthday as August instead of July so my test wasn't automatically matched to my app.

While on the phone she was nice enough to check for everything and noticed my cert of completion for the education wasn't on file (possibly for the same reason).

Faxed that in and am expecting it within a week :)

Reallllly glad I called!

This is an important lesson learned. If you have a question about anything it's best to go to the source when possible.

Back