How Long Until Progressive Cuts Independent Agents?

Progressive is very smart. Whether or not they pay claims well or not is another argument. They are the best at using predictive modeling successfully. I hate them but respect them. I always hear how State Farm is horrible on claims but they actually rank quite high on overall surveys. The public only hears about the bad stuff and guess what State Farm has 25% of the market in many of their states so there are a lot of voices out there spewing the negatives.

Whether or not any insurer pays claims well is perhaps the most important argument. There are carriers, well-known carriers, who have a pretty good reputation about first-party claims service to their customers, BUT let their customer damage someone else's vehicle, then hell might very well freeze over before they have a positive claim experience. If you survey consumers about their own carriers, these insurers will poll pretty well. And just about anyone who buys direct has no idea if their claim was handled properly.

Whether or not any insurer pays claims well is perhaps the most important argument. There are carriers, well-known carriers, who have a pretty good reputation about first-party claims service to their customers, BUT let their customer damage someone else's vehicle, then hell might very well freeze over before they have a positive claim experience. If you survey consumers about their own carriers, these insurers will poll pretty well. And just about anyone who buys direct has no idea if their claim was handled properly.

Man I love carrier X! They knew exactly how much to price the insurance. Sure, I'm getting sued because I hit a guy and they won't pay, but at least they priced it right.

Carrier X is great. I never have accidents so who cares if they pay out claims?

(Seriously, one time we had a customer leave us because he was mad that we paid "too much" for the other guy!)

I have only dealt with Progressive as a consumer and it was the worst experience that I have ever had with with an Insurance company . After how they treated me, I'm not surprised at all that they don't treat their independent agents well.
Same, but they've been good to me.
Allstate on the other hand...

Back