How Long . . .

is your initial (qualifying) interview with a prospect? Minutes, hours . . .?

It depends on where they are at in the process. For example, if they call and say, "I'm turning 65 in 6 months what do I need to do?" I instruct them on how to get enrolled in Medicare and let them know we can at least start the process of determining which route they want to go (Med Supp and PDP or MAPD). This initial call is maybe 10-15 minutes with a follow up email recapping the call and instructions on who to get enrolled in Medicare.

If they call and say they have just enrolled in Medicare, we then get down to which route they want to go. Still not a long call as I will have to get the Scope of Appointment completed for the PDP or MAPD.
Is your first contact by phone, email or in person?

Almost always by phone. Occasionally by email.
Who initiates the contact? You or them?

They always initiate contact. Thems the rules with PDP and MAPD.

Are these cold or warm prospects?

I consider them warm since they have been referred to me.
Do you normally close on the first contact or does the same come during a follow up visit? How many contacts does it take, on average, to get the order? How much time elapses between your initial contact and taking the app?

Rarely close on the first call unless they are already enrolled in Medicare and just want a Med Supp. Stupid 48 hour rule prevents the close from happening for PDP and MAPD. Unless of course all of them become "walk-ins".

The amount of time that elapses from first contact to close depends on when their Medicare begins. Some are fairly quick and others are months away. Just got an email over the weekend from a Med Supp client. Wife turns 65 in September. He wanted to know when we should begin the process. I told him once she is enrolled in Medicare, we can complete the app. He emailed back this morning that she already has her Medicare card. We will complete the app tomorrow.
Are most of your prospects T65 or do they currently have a Medicare plan and are just looking to change?

I would say a high percentage are T65, but I get plenty of referrals on people who are looking for another plan.
There are no right or wrong answers. This is not open for debate. I am just curious how others work their business.

My answers are all right. I scored a 100 on this test.

Yeah that might have been from my in person seminars. I haven’t done those since February because I’m lazy.
Don't be so hard on yourself ... you get more bang for the buck from the webinars? What can you tell me about those? I tried fbook ads for the live events once ... not so great ... paper post cards were better ...

Don't be so hard on yourself ... you get more bang for the buck from the webinars? What can you tell me about those? I tried fbook ads for the live events once ... not so great ... paper post cards were better ...

Webinars - I shower, comb my hair and put a polo on with shorts. It’s in my house. Start at 6 and done at 7:05. I go back to my family and have dinner.

Seminar - I leave at 3:45. Set up the tables and chairs. Wait for them to come in and wait for my 5 pm start. At 6:15 I answer questions and then break everything down and get home after 7. Then, those people want to meet in person half of the time.

The in person seminars are good at showing up. Maybe 95%. But it’s more work. It’s why I say I’m lazy. I like a bar visit every day from 1-3 pm.

Back